Tendonitis can affect your elbow, shoulder, and knee, and it is the result of tendon inflammation and thickening from repetitive movements. If you have tendonitis, you may suffer from pain in a tendon that gets worse when you move and have difficulty moving the joint. You may also experience swelling, soreness, and a crackling sensation when you move the tendon.
Specific Care Chiropractic offers residents of Lehigh Acres a variety of drug-free, non-invasive treatments to alleviate the pain from tendonitis. Our Lehigh Acres chiropractic care provides a unique way to treat tendonitis and address the conditions that caused your tendonitis in the first place. We consider the whole body and your lifestyle when we create your treatment plan. Call (239) 369-9109 and schedule a visit.
What Causes Tendonitis?
According to Cleveland Clinic, tendonitis often results from cumulative microtrauma to connective tissues, whether through repetitive occupational, athletic, or recreational motions. Tendonitis can be the result of overburdened targeted muscle-tendon groups over time. It can also be caused by sudden macrotrauma from a direct, forceful blow, like a car accident or fall.
Additional risk factors like normal collagen breakdown due to aging, poor tendon biomechanics, and stressing misaligned joints can lead to tendonitis. Various systemic diseases may adversely affect connective tissue integrity and also contribute to the development of irritated, inflamed tendons.
Why Is Tendonitis So Painful?
On the surface, tendonitis may seem like a condition that is isolated to the affected anatomical region. However, as symptoms compound, this inflammation can take a heavy toll on your overall function, work capacity, and mental health.
Consider how profoundly tendonitis can impact every area of life:
Everyday Activities Are Now Painful to Perform
In the short term, every movement that engages the wrist, elbow, or shoulder joints for common tasks now reawakens piercing discomfort. Cooking, driving, and childcare all get disrupted. Stiffness and throbbing aches lead to lost sleep. Work productivity and performance drops while sports and hobbies halt. All the while, your anxiety brews about worsening future mobility.
Work and Social Relationships Are Affected
Financial worries compound medical costs and missed income. Relationships and social bonds strain amid chronically frustrated moods. Without resolution, tendonitis can foster the loss of independence and self-sufficiency in the long term.
Lehigh Acres Chiropractic Care Can Help Restore Your Quality of Life
There are options available to treat tendonitis. Early intervention with chiropractic care can provide relief. Let us help curb suffering and restore comfort. Physical ailments should not define any patient’s function or outlook when hope and healing exist.
To begin your healing, call Specific Care Chiropractic at (239) 369-9109 to schedule an appointment.
What Causes Tendonitis To Flare Up?
Understanding the causes of tendonitis flare-ups can help you understand what to avoid that could worsen the condition. There are several common triggers known to exacerbate tendonitis symptoms once the condition has set in. Those triggers include:
- Overuse: Repetitive motions that over-strain inflamed tendons like typing, gripping tools, sports play involving throwing or swinging
- Direct impact trauma: Any blunt force blows or trauma directly striking already irritated tendons
- Load increases: Suddenly amping up workout intensity, equipment weight levels, or duration flares inflammation
- Poor movement mechanics and ergonomics: Bad posture, improper body positioning during activities, inadequate workplace setups magnifying strain
- Cold weather: Frigid temperatures constrict blood vessels, limiting nutrient flow to damaged tendons, heightening sensitivity.
- Medication side effects: Some medications like antibiotics or statins may weaken tendon integrity over lengthy use.
While tendonitis often begins subtly, victims remain vulnerable to flare-ups anytime increased demands get placed on weakened collagen fibers before comprehensive healing occurs. Adjusting behaviors helps control symptoms during recovery. Identifying and modifying triggers allows patients to steer clear of detrimental overexertion.
What to Expect During Tendonitis Chiropractic Examination & Diagnosis
When tendonitis clients first visit our Lehigh Acres chiropractic office seeking relief, physicians conduct detailed consultations to determine the underlying dysfunction. You can expect your chiropractor to inquire about your past injury history and the specific activities correlating with the initial onset of your symptoms—this medical background provides critical context.
Practitioners will also perform a hands-on physical examination by methodically palpating along tendon pathways while manipulating your joints through full ranges of motion, allowing comparison to your non-irritated limbs. This examination allows us to locate thickened, inflamed tissues, assess your mobility limitations, and develop treatment for the targeted area.
Chiropractic Treatment Approaches to Treat Tendonitis in Lehigh Acres
We use several techniques to treat tendonitis pain at our Lehigh Acres office. These techniques include:
- Gentle joint manipulation alleviating stiffness: Manual joint loosening techniques gently stretch restricted joint connective tissues to restore range of motion and flexibility to irritated, inflamed areas.
- Graston technique breaking up adhesions: Specialized instruments aid manual therapists in detecting and breaking down accumulated scar tissue adhesions to reduce tendon thickening and discomfort.
- Active release therapy increasing blood flow: Certified therapists use hands-on deep tissue mobilization methods to stimulate blood flow and oxygen delivery to damaged tendon fibers in need of repair.
- Stretching tight connective tissues: Controlled stretching motions elongate shortened muscle-tendon junctions, realigning fibers to optimal tension states and reducing strain.
- Strength training corrective exercises: Targeted strengthening routines focused on tendon attachment points improve muscle control, enhancing dynamic joint stability to prevent overexertion-based injury.
Lifestyle Modifications and Home Care for Tendonitis
These four lifestyle modifications and home care tendonitis recovery tips complement and enhance chiropractic care for inflammation and pain relief:
- Alternating cold and hot modalities constricts blood vessels and then stimulates circulation to speed healing.
- Supportive bracing stabilizes overworked tendons and prevents re-injury through activity recovery.
- Adequate rest allows stressed tendon fibers to fully mend before applying strain.
- Proper hydration and nutrition supports rebuilding damaged collagen structures.
By following these lifestyle and home modification tips, when combined with chiropractic adjustments for tendonitis, you will be taking positive steps toward a future free from swelling, soreness, and other painful symptoms.
Get Chiropractic Care for Tendonitis in Lehigh Acres, FL
Seeking chiropractic care for tendonitis relief in Lehigh Acres, Florida, can help you reduce swelling, ease stiffness, and regain comfortable mobility without extensive downtime. We also provide rehabilitation advice on bracing, activity modification, nutrition, and home care between visits. Our non-invasive methods stimulate your body’s natural healing abilities.
If you’re struggling with acute or chronic tendonitis in the shoulders, wrists, knees, or elsewhere, consider chiropractic medicine before resorting to drastic measures. Call today at (239) 369-9109 or reach out online to schedule an appointment with Specific Care Chiropractic. Regain comfort and motion with help from our tendonitis experts.