If you live in Lehigh Acres and suffer from bursitis, treatment from Specific Care Chiropractic could help you live the way you want. Our chiropractic adjustments and various physiotherapy options treat pain at the source, reducing symptoms and improving overall health.
To book an appointment, call (239) 369-9109 today. We work with each patient to build a personalized treatment plan that works for their schedule and lifestyle and can help them achieve their health goals.
How Our Chiropractors Treat Bursitis
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we offer Lehigh Acres residents treatment for various musculoskeletal conditions, including bursitis. As Johns Hopkins Medicine explains, bursitis can occur in the hip, elbow, knee, heel, or shoulder—anywhere you have a bursa, or a “closed, fluid-filled sac” that helps your joints move smoothly. When the bursa becomes inflamed, you could experience symptoms like:
- Having trouble moving the affected joint
- Pain and tenderness
- Swelling at the injury site
We understand how these symptoms can impact your life, preventing you from working effectively or taking care of your loved ones. This is especially true if you suffer from chronic bursitis, where symptoms repeatedly flare up. Specific Care Chiropractic can guide you along your treatment journey, which may follow these steps:
- Initial consultation: We can schedule a time for you to visit our office and tell one of our healthcare providers all about your condition and symptoms.
- Diagnosis: Whether you have already been diagnosed with bursitis or have never seen a doctor for this issue, we will want to determine for ourselves what is causing your pain. We may ask you to undergo certain tests, such as an MRI, to help us confirm a diagnosis or rule out more serious problems.
- Treatment planning: Based on your diagnosis, other medical issues, and treatment goals, we can help you decide which of our treatment options to try and in what order.
- Treatment implementation: Our team is qualified and equipped to provide you with a wide range of noninvasive mild treatments that address both the symptoms and the root cause of your bursitis.
- Assessment of treatment: Both during and after treatment, we can check in with you to see how and if you are improving. If treatment is not working, we can try another method.
Our team recognizes that the people who come to see us are in pain and desperate for a solution. We will work as quickly as we can to identify their problem and the most promising ways of addressing it.
Your Bursitis Treatment Options
Chiropractic care for bursitis can involve one or more of the following. Some of these treatments may sound strange or unfamiliar to you. We want patients to ask us as many questions as they want before undergoing treatments, such as:
We aim sound waves at the injured area to reduce bursitis pain and even encourage the bursa to heal faster. This treatment is completely painless, and the benefits can be incalculable.
Stretching and Exercising
Whether you are very active or never exercise at all, we can teach you helpful exercises and stretches to keep the affected area in good shape. Learning the proper way to exercise can strengthen the bursa, making it less likely for you to experience another bursitis flare-up in the future.
Once we teach you how to properly do each exercise, you can do them at home or wherever you need relief. You would not have to keep coming into our office to experience the benefits of exercise.
You may also see this treatment referred to as spinal manipulations. It involves allowing one of our certified chiropractors to move the affected joint in an effort to realign the bones and other parts. This method can relieve pressure on and inflammation of the bursa.
Sometimes, a patient comes to us with very advanced bursitis. They may have spent years unable to fully use the affected area, or they may require a drastic form of treatment, such as surgery.
We believe it is never too late to seek help for a painful condition. Our team can assess your current level of ability and build up your strength, range of motion, and flexibility from there. We can also work with your other treating physicians to assist you through a safe, effective recovery from surgery.
Why Choose Chiropractic Care for Bursitis?
You have many options for seeking bursitis treatment in Lehigh Acres. More conventional methods, such as taking pain medication, may ease your symptoms, but they do not tackle the problem at the source.
As Cleveland Clinic explains, people develop bursitis for a number of reasons. For some people, a combination of factors could contribute to the condition. Such factors include:
- Poor posture
- Old age
- Engaging in activities requiring repetitive motions
- Misaligned joints
- The presence of another condition, such as diabetes or arthritis
You cannot stop aging, and there is no cure for diabetes or arthritis. However, with help from Specific Care Chiropractic, you can address the other bursitis risk factors by:
- Learning how to move or position your body in ways that puts less pressure on the bursa
- Learning exercises and stretches that enable the bursa to relax after a lot of stressful activity
- Being aware of the types of movements that can inflame the bursa and minimizing time spent on those activities
Our treatments aim to improve your overall health, so you are less likely to require further treatments in the future. This can reduce or eliminate painful symptoms without invasive or conventional treatments.
Check Out Our Lehigh Acres Bursitis Treatment Options
Specific Care Chiropractic encourages everyone seeking Lehigh Acres bursitis treatment to make an appointment as soon as possible. The earlier you begin treatment, the greater the results may be. You can reach our office at (239) 369-9109 to book an appointment, at which you will learn more about possible treatments.