If you live in Fort Myers and are suffering from chronic pain from an injury you sustained in an accident or developed over time, our physicians at Specific Care Chiropractic want to help you start your recovery.
We offer various chiropractic and physiotherapy treatments in Florida, which you can learn about below. Call our Fort Myers chiropractic center at (239) 369-9109 today.
Our Fort Myers Facility Treats Patients Suffering From Various Injuries
Our chiropractors treat the following injuries:
- Muscle strains
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries, including whiplash injuries
- Herniated disks
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
If your injury is not listed here, our facility will still examine your condition and see what treatments may help you recover.
Chiropractic Adjustments Can Relieve Pain and Other Symptoms
Our physicians are licensed and trained in the following chiropractic adjustment techniques:
- Diversified Adjustments: Patients lie down to receive strategic spinal manipulations.
- Seated Diversified: Patients sit down in an upright position to receive adjustments. This technique targets neck and shoulder injuries.
- Thompson Drop-Table Technique: Patients lie down on a drop-table to receive adjustments in the “Thompson Terminal Point Technique” style. This treatment is for full-spinal manipulation.
- Knee-Chest Adjustments: Patients kneel and lean forward to place their chest on the adjustment table. This technique targets cervical injuries, such as in the head or neck.
- Side Posture Adjustments: Patients lie on their side with one leg bent forward. This technique targets lower back injuries.
- Toggle Recoil: This technique uses gentler adjustment thrusts, which can be better for patients who do not require intense spinal manipulation.
- Sacral-Occipital Technique (SOT): This technique targets both the spinal cord and the central nervous system. This can help patients suffering from nerve damage along with musculoskeletal injuries.
- Manual Extremity Manipulation: This technique targets injuries outside of the spinal cord but that are part of the skeletal system, such as the hips, shoulders, ankles, wrists, elbows, and knees.
- Activator: This technique uses a hand-held instrument that applies high-velocity, low-amplitude (HVLA) adjustments.
You will have a chance to better understand what to expect from these techniques before each session. Our physicians are transparent about their practice and will answer any questions or concerns you have.
Physiotherapy Helps Patients Restore Strength and Flexibility in Their Bodies
To complement your chiropractic treatment, our facility also offers physiotherapy. Our physical therapy options include:
- Corrective Care: This treatment involves performing chiropractic adjustments as you enter the second stage of your recovery. This helps reduce pain when flare-ups occur.
- Stretching and Strengthening Therapy: We teach you exercises you can perform at your current progress level that you can also do at home.
- Rehabilitative Therapy: We use our Rehab Room to monitor your body’s growth. We may use exercise balls, have you stand on the Vibration Plate, or intensify your exercise routine as you improve.
- Massage Therapy: This treatment involves using massage techniques to encourage tissue restoration and blood flow.
- Ultrasound Therapy: We use ultrasound technology to send soundwaves through damaged muscle tissue and encourage tissue repair.
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (E-STIM): We use E-STIM technology to shoot small electric pulses to stimulate muscles. This helps reduce muscle spasms, pain, and inflammation.
You can learn more about which therapies may be right for you during your first appointment.
Contact Our Fort Myers Chiropractic Center Today
We invite anyone suffering from a spine-related injury, muscle pain, or nerve pain to consider getting a physical examination from one of our chiropractors. You can visit our Fort Myers location or any of our other locations in Florida for your first appointment, then discuss a potential treatment plan with one of our physicians.
To schedule your first appointment, call (239) 369-9109 today.