You may feel stiffness in your back, neck, and joints after suffering an injury or being diagnosed with a chronic condition. Fortunately, you have options for pain relief when you book an appointment for mechanical traction therapy in Fort Myers.
Mechanical traction therapy is just one of the physiotherapy services we offer in Fort Myers. When you come to Specific Care Chiropractic, we create a comprehensive treatment plan to target your pain at the source and help you feel better. Find out more or schedule your first appointment by calling (239) 369-9109 today.
What Is Mechanical Traction Therapy?
Mechanical traction therapy is a physical therapy technique that uses weights and pulleys to ease tension in certain body areas. When you come in for this therapy, you will lay or sit on the mechanical traction table. Then, our team will help to stretch your neck, back, or other area of discomfort to relieve pressure.
Conditions Our Fort Myers Physical Therapists Can Treat
Mechanical traction therapy is used to treat a range of conditions. As Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine points out, mechanical traction can reduce the lower back and leg pain often associated with lumbar disc herniation. Our team also has experience using traction therapy to treat:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Muscle spasms in the back
- Sprained or strained muscles
- Degenerative disc disease
We may also be able to apply physical therapy treatments if you suffered an acute injury in a car accident or slip and fall, for example. Let us know about your condition today so we can explain your treatment options.
Combining Mechanical Traction Therapy With Other Physical Therapy and Chiropractic Care Techniques
If you decide to book an appointment at our physical therapy clinic, we will create an individualized plan to target your discomfort. We can combine mechanical traction therapy with several other physiotherapy or chiropractic techniques, including:
- Massage therapy: We use massage techniques to alleviate tension and pain in your joints and muscles. This can help reduce the discomfort you feel during various stages of treatment.
- Ultrasound therapy: Our team uses an ultrasound machine and sound waves to promote soft tissue healing.
- Rehabilitative therapy: During rehabilitative therapy, we will teach you exercises to improve your strength and promote healing. We’ll even teach you exercises you can practice at home between appointments.
- Electrical muscle stimulation (E-STIM): E-STIM therapy allows us to use a device that sends healing electrical pulses to the source of your pain. These electrical pulses do not cause pain but rather help heal muscle tissue.
- Corrective care: Corrective care is a chiropractic technique that adjusts your spinal cord to optimal alignment.
We also teach you various stretching and strengthening exercises so you can continue benefiting from mechanical traction therapy. Our goals are to help you feel better and treat the injury or condition that is causing you pain.
Benefits of Choosing Our Fort Myers Physiotherapy Services
You might be hesitant to try our physiotherapy or chiropractic services. When you’re in pain, stretching, strengthening, and adjusting might sound painful and intimidating.
The team at Specific Care Chiropractic makes your comfort our priority. If you ever feel uncomfortable with an exercise or therapy technique, we can adjust your treatment plan as you desire. We assure you that our techniques are designed to promote healing, not cause you stress or discomfort.
Our patients opt for physiotherapy and chiropractic care over other treatment methods because:
- It could allow you to avoid surgery, depending on the nature of your condition
- It may help you avoid taking pain medications
- It teaches you techniques that you can continue using long-term to promote overall wellness
- It helps promote strength and decreases muscle loss
- It encourages you to remain active, which may reduce your downtime after an injury
- It offers pain management solutions that you can continue using even after you have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI)
What to Expect During Your First Appointment at Specific Care Chiropractic
During your first appointment at Specific Care Chiropractic, we will discuss your condition, your symptoms, and the length of time you’ve been experiencing pain. Our team will give you a physical examination and ask you questions about your medical history. We may also need to take X-rays or other medical imaging to understand the scope of your injury or health condition.
Once we understand the source of your discomfort, we will recommend treatment options to help you feel better. Our healthcare providers will consider your preferences, and if you do not feel comfortable with any part of your treatment plan, we can tailor it to suit your needs. Once we have established your treatment plan, we may:
- Help you schedule follow-up appointments
- Provide advice about activities you should avoid, such as contact sports, lifting heavy items, and any other activities that may trigger pain or worsen your condition
- Ask you to keep a log of your condition, noting any times you feel pain or notice progress
We may even begin mechanical traction therapy during your first appointment, depending on the treatment plan we create for you.
Contact Specific Care Chiropractic to Schedule Your First Appointment in Fort Myers
Our team of licensed physical therapists and chiropractors makes it our mission to provide pain management and help you feel your best long-term. Whether your discomfort stems from a recent injury or a chronic condition, our doctors are prepared to recommend treatments to promote healing.
Contact us today to ask questions and book an appointment. We will find an appointment time that fits into your busy schedule. Dial (239) 369-9109 today to get started with our team.