If you’re looking for a non-invasive way to treat your extremity injuries in Fort Myers, you’ve come to the right place. Specific Care Chiropractic offers tailor-made treatment plans aimed at helping you reclaim your life and achieve maximum medical improvement. Through a curated regimen, you can return to work, spend time with your family, and live a pain-free life.
Over-the-counter medications only go so far, and waiting for your body to heal itself could take months. Our physicians stand ready to better your quality of life, and it all begins with calling (239) 631-5445. You can learn about the treatments and services we offer today.
We Offer Targeted Treatments for Your Extremity Injuries
When you come for your first appointment, you’ll meet with our team and learn about your treatment options. We may take X-rays and other imaging scans to get to the root of your condition. By learning the cause of your symptoms, we can employ a comprehensive care plan that promotes your well-being.
We may recommend:
There are many misconceptions about chiropractic care. For instance, many believe these treatments only target the neck and back. That’s not true. In reality, these treatments address multiple parts of the body, from your jawbone to your feet.
Your treatment plan may entail the following:
- Diversified/seated adjustments. Your physician will force your vertebrae into alignment using either their hands or specialized tools. During treatment, you may hear a “popping” sound—and that’s okay! Many people report immediate relief from their symptoms after this procedure.
- Manual extremities adjustments. This treatment focuses on your hips, elbows, shoulders, ankles, or wrists––whichever part of your body needs attention. We employ these adjustments for patients with carpal tunnel, muscle strains, and bursitis.
- Toggle recoil. Using short, rapid thrusts, we apply minimal pressure to the body’s more sensitive areas.
- The Sacral-Occipital Technique. This method allows us to target specific areas of the body, including the extremities, hips, pelvis, and lower back.
These are just some of the chiropractic services we offer our patients suffering from extremity injuries in Fort Myers. The details of your treatment plan depend on your age, health, and pre-existing conditions. We may adjust your regimen over time to meet your specific needs.
Physiotherapy refers to a range of treatments that aim to treat musculoskeletal conditions. We may prescribe:
- Massages. Massages do more than relax the body; they also break down scar tissue and promote circulation. This can help your body heal itself. It may also relieve headaches.
- Electrical muscle stimulation. This painless procedure, also known as ESTIM, relies on sending small electrical pulses into the affected tissue. ESTIM aims to address inflammation, muscle spasms, chronic pain, and other sources of discomfort.
- Stretching and strength training. Exercising may seem like the last thing on your mind while dealing with extremity injuries. Yet, with careful supervision, it can rebuild atrophied muscle and increase your flexibility.
We may also prescribe rehabilitative therapy to better your condition. This may include weight training, repetitive exercises, and light stretching.
Your Fort Myers Physician May Recommend Simple Lifestyle Changes
Our healthcare team wants to better your condition and reduce the risk of re-injury. As part of your care plan, we may recommend:
- Quitting smoking. The chemicals in cigarettes and some vapes can limit how much oxygen flows throughout your body, affecting how your body heals damaged tissue.
- Limiting your caloric intake. Excess weight can put undue pressure on your joints, exacerbating the symptoms you may feel after a seemingly minor injury. Our team can work to create a low-fat, high-protein diet that prioritizes your health.
- Reducing your alcohol intake. Intoxication can increase the risk of re-injury. Beer, wine, and liquor are also “empty calories,” meaning they don’t have any nutritional value.
- Refraining from strenuous activity. There’s a difference between strenuous activity and light exercises supervised by our healthcare staff. We may ask that you take a break from jogging, roughhousing with your dog, or mowing the lawn.
- Taking time off work. If you work a physically demanding job, this could prevent your body from healing. We understand this isn’t possible for everyone, so this recommendation depends on your situation.
Specific Care Chiropractic has your best interests in mind. There’s a reason why patients come to us time and time again with their extremity injuries. Today, you can set up an appointment and see why people trust us with their health. Call (239) 631-5445 to begin.
How You Can Prepare for Your First Appointment With Our Team
Many people worry about going to the doctor. However, our Fort Myers location isn’t a clinical, sterile setting; we offer a warm, comfortable place for you to better your health. To make your visit as stress-free as possible, we ask that you:
- Eat a light snack beforehand. We want your mind to be entirely focused on the treatments at hand––not occupied with how hungry you are. At the same time, you don’t want to be so stuffed that moving is uncomfortable. We recommend drinking water and eating something high in protein, like an energy bar, before your visit.
- Dress comfortably. You don’t want your clothes to restrict your movements while undergoing treatment. Wear whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.
- Bring any relevant medical documents. Your imaging scans, lab test results, and names of prescribed medications help us get a clear picture of your health.
When you set up your first appointment, we may recommend other tips than those listed above.
Get Care for Your Extremity Injuries in Fort Myers, FL
Since 1994, Dr. Jeffrey Peck and his team of healthcare physicians have bettered the lives of patients in Lee County. Today, we invite you to schedule an appointment and visit our facility. You no longer have to suffer the discomfort of an extremity injury. Connect with our team when you call (239) 631-5445.