Whether you were involved in a serious or seemingly minor car accident, it’s common to suffer painful injuries that affect your daily life. Specific Care Chiropractic offers a variety of physiotherapy and chiropractic treatments if you were in an auto accident.
The services we offer to patients in Fort Myers can help reduce your pain and treat the cause of your injury. We create custom treatment plans and take an individualized approach to each injury we treat. Find out more about our services or schedule your first appointment today by calling us at (239) 369-9109.
Types of Car Crash Injuries We Treat at Our Fort Myers Office
Your car accident injuries can cause a range of symptoms that affect your ability to work, care for your family, or enjoy your usual hobbies. The chiropractic care team at Specific Care Chiropractic can treat any of the following car accident injuries:
- Whiplash injuries: This neck injury is especially common in rear-end car accidents, according to Mayo Clinic. It can cause severe muscle pain and stiffness.
- Herniated discs: Disc herniation affects the discs between your spinal bones. It can cause pain, weakness, or trouble moving your extremities.
- Pinched nerves: This condition occurs when one or more of your nerves are under pressure. Most patients experience pinched nerves in their necks, shoulders, backs, arms, elbows, wrists, and hands.
- Back pain: Back pain could be a side effect of a more serious injury. It could also occur because of muscle soreness if your body was tense during the car crash.
- Headaches: Sore muscles, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), anxiety, whiplash, concussions, and several other conditions could cause you to suffer an accident-related headache.
- Spinal misalignments: Your vertebrae could become misaligned because of the force of the car accident.
- Shaking: Anxiety and inflammation can cause full-body shakes after an accident. Our team can recommend treatments to alleviate this accident symptom.
If you do not see the type of injury you suffered here, please reach out to our team. We can provide pain relief options for the condition you’re dealing with.
Treatments We Often Prescribe for Car Accident Victims in Fort Myers
Depending on the type of injury you suffered in your auto collision, we can create a customized treatment plan that combines any of the following services:
- Chiropractic adjustments, which can help realign your spine and adjust any vertebrae that were moved out of their ideal position in the crash
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to relieve sore muscles and spasms
- Traction therapy, which uses weights and pulleys to alleviate pressure caused by compressed discs and nerve roots
- Massage therapy to relax sore muscles and encourage blood flow
- Hot and cold modalities to decrease swelling and improve circulation to injured tissues
- Range of motion rehabilitation to help maintain flexibility at the injury site
These techniques are meant to provide pain relief and promote long-term well-being. We will explain the purpose of each chiropractic technique and teach you any exercises you should perform at home to continue improving your condition.
What to Expect When You Seek Chiropractic Care or Physical Therapy for Car Accident Injuries
Before we can start treating your injuries, we need to understand the scope of your condition. During your first appointment at Specific Care Chiropractic, you can expect us to:
- Perform medical exams such as X-rays
- Test your range of motion to determine which areas of the body to target our treatment
- Test your joint strength, balance, coordination, and stability
- Ask you questions about your medical history
- Discuss the details of the accident with you
- Ask about the symptoms you’ve been experiencing, the severity of your pain, and how long you’ve been dealing with those symptoms
Once we understand your condition, we will suggest a plan to begin the healing process. If there are any physical therapy or chiropractic techniques you do not feel comfortable with, let us know. We are happy to change your treatment plan to ensure you are as comfortable as possible throughout the recovery process.
Protecting Your Health After an Auto Injury
The aftermath of a car accident is chaotic, especially if you’re in severe pain. There are a few steps you can take after an auto accident to avoid worsening your condition:
- Go to the emergency room or your primary doctor’s office right away. They can treat any emergency conditions and assess broken bones or open wounds.
- Try to remember everything you can about the accident. Keep a journal of how your injuries feel and whether you notice progress. Whether your condition improves or worsens, you should also take photos of your injuries. This may help our team determine the issue and decide on a proper course of treatment.
- Avoid any of your usual activities that might make your condition worse. If you play sports or have a job that requires heavy lifting, you may need to take a break to prevent further injury.
- Make an appointment with the doctors at Specific Care Chiropractic. We can create a medical treatment plan specifically targeting your injuries.
Call Specific Care Chiropractic If You Were Injured in a Fort Myers Auto Accident
Getting hurt in a car accident calls for medical attention. The team of doctors at Specific Care Chiropractic can diagnose your auto accident injuries and build a treatment plan that combines physical therapy and chiropractic techniques. By coming to our office, you may be able to avoid surgery and long-term use of pain medicine.
Our motor vehicle accident team is ready to hear from you today. We will listen to the details of your accident and can find an appointment time that works for you. Call us at (239) 369-9109 to book your first appointment.