If you live in Lehigh Acres, chiropractic adjustments our team administers could help reduce or eliminate painful symptoms caused by various conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, herniated discs, and scoliosis.
Specific Care Chiropractic has the experience, qualifications, and compassion to provide the treatment you need to improve your health. Book your first appointment today when you call our office at (239) 369-9109.
What Are Chiropractic Adjustments?
As Cleveland Clinic states, chiropractic adjustments are a form of treatment in which a chiropractor manipulates the patient’s bones and joints to reduce pain. This treatment is not painful. Your Lehigh Acres chiropractor can adjust the types of movements they use (hard versus gentle, fast versus slow) based on your needs.
If you’re a resident of Lehigh Acres, Florida, you can contact us to begin treatment or to learn more about how chiropractic adjustments may help with your:
- Herniated disc
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
The Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
As with any medical treatment, chiropractic adjustments have their pros and cons. Pros include:
- It is non-invasive. If you want to avoid surgery or reduce the amount of pain medication you take, adjustments may serve that purpose.
- It works with other treatments. In addition to chiropractic adjustments, our team can provide physical therapy, massage therapy, and other treatments that we would be happy to recommend based on your condition.
- It is generally safe. When performed by a competent and qualified professional like the chiropractors at Specific Care Chiropractic, adjustments are very safe.
In most cases, the cons—or potential side effects—of adjustments are very minor and easy to deal with. For some patients, however, the risks of undergoing chiropractic adjustments outweigh the potential benefits. This may be true if you are at increased risk of stroke or if you have certain forms of cancer or advanced osteoarthritis.
Our Lehigh Acres chiropractor can help you figure out if chiropractic adjustments are safe for you. If not, we may be able to suggest another type of treatment.
What Can Our Chiropractor Do for You?
For residents of Lehigh Acres, chiropractic adjustments from Specific Care Chiropractic can be a game-changing experience. Our team will make your treatment journey smoother and less stressful by:
- Making you feel welcome: We understand that you are in pain. Our entire team will treat you with courtesy, kindness, and dignity during every visit.
- Making an accurate diagnosis: The first step toward devising an effective treatment is to find out (or to confirm) what is wrong.
- Personalizing your treatment plan: We work with each patient to determine which treatments are best for them based on their needs, health, and goals.
- Regularly checking in: If treatment is not yielding the desired results or if you experience bothersome side effects, we want to know. Our team monitors patients throughout treatment to make sure everything goes according to plan.
- Being available to you: You are sure to have questions about your condition or your treatment at multiple points along the way. We encourage you to bring up those questions at your appointments or to call our office whenever you need assistance.
We also understand that medical care does not occur in isolation. Other factors—such as any other treatments you require, your lifestyle, or your medical history—may influence how your treatment progresses or even which treatments we pick.
We Provide More Than Just Chiropractic Adjustments
Specific Care Chiropractic is prepared to work in tandem with your other doctors to ensure that the chiropractic adjustments we administer enhance, rather than interfere with, your overall treatment plan. We can even offer treatments in addition to or instead of the adjustments, such as:
- Ultrasound therapy: We use sound waves to reduce scar tissue and promote better, faster healing at the site of an injury.
- Massage therapy: Our massages do more than just make you feel good (although they certainly do that as well). We use special techniques that can improve the health of the area we work on.
- E-STIM therapy: If you suffered a tissue injury, we can use gentle electric pulses to reduce any symptoms you are experiencing, such as pain and muscle spasms.
- Rehabilitative therapy: Sometimes, it takes a while to recover from an injury. We can start you off slow with very gentle stretches and exercises. Over time, we can help you build back up to your previous levels of strength and flexibility.
When we diagnose your condition, we can determine which of these methods is safe for you to try. Feel free to ask us about any treatment you are curious about.
When Should You Begin Chiropractic Adjustments?
We encourage you to call us as soon as possible, even if you consider your pain to be manageable. It is often easier for us to help you in the early stages of your illness or injury. Also, the earlier you start, the better your results may be.
With that said, we do not want you to just give up on treatment and avoid contacting us if you have struggled with pain for a long time. We understand that there are many reasons why someone may not be able to come to us immediately, such as if:
- You wanted to try other treatments first, only to realize they could not help you meet your goals.
- You were worried about being able to afford treatment.
- You did not want to take time away from your other obligations (work, children, etc.) to undergo treatment until the pain began to interfere with your life.
Regardless of when you come to us for help, we want to do whatever we can to accommodate your needs. Our team welcomes your call and can take all of your past experiences into account as we design a treatment plan for you.
Want to Learn More About Chiropractic Adjustments?
Call Specific Care Chiropractic today at (239) 369-9109 to book your first appointment with us. If Lehigh Acres chiropractic adjustments are a safe option for you, we can design a treatment plan that gives you the best chance of beating your symptoms and getting your life back.