Between each pair of bones in your spine is a cushioning disc that keeps the bones from grinding against each other. When a disc ruptures or slips out of place, it can cause significant pain, prevent you from doing the things you love, and even increase your risk of developing other equally painful conditions.
If you are looking for a pain relief team that serves Weston, herniated disc treatment from our office could be the solution. Call Specific Care Chiropractic (239) 369-9109 to learn more and book an appointment today.
Treatment Options for Herniated Discs
You may feel relieved to know that most herniated discs resolve themselves, usually within a month or so. Mayo Clinic states that the majority of herniated disc patients require only “conservative” treatments aimed at relieving pain until the disc heals.
One pain treatment option you can consider is chiropractic care. Specific Care Chiropractic offers two types of treatment: chiropractic adjustments and physiotherapy.
Chiropractic Adjustments for Herniated Discs
Chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulations, involve allowing a professional to move your spine or joints in particular ways with the goal of “nudging” misaligned parts back into place. These movements could be:
For some patients, the idea of allowing another person—even a person with proper training and licenses—to move their spine around in this way can be intimidating. You do not have to worry: our team will gladly address all of your questions and concerns about this treatment if we feel it is right for you.
We can also monitor you closely during treatment. This will allow us to track your progress and to act quickly on the off chance you develop worrying symptoms or side effects.
Physiotherapy for Herniated Discs
Physiotherapy is not one treatment but many. Depending on the location and severity of your herniated disc, as well as your own treatment preferences, we may recommend:
- Electrical muscle stimulation: Also called E-STIM, this option involves using electrical pulses on the injured area. This can repair damage and promote better healing without causing you additional pain.
- Stretches and exercises: Moving your body in certain ways can both relieve pain and give you the necessary strength and fitness levels to reduce your risk of experiencing another herniated disc in the future.
- Rehabilitative therapy: If you are not yet strong enough to handle exercises, rehabilitative therapy can help you build the necessary flexibility and strength.
Trying such treatments on your own could be risky, as some exercises or techniques could make your herniated disc pain worse. By consulting with a doctor from Specific Care Chiropractic, you guarantee that your treatment plan is safe.
We Personalize Our Herniated Disc Treatment
We are called “Specific” Care Chiropractic for a reason: our team creates a new treatment plan for each individual patient. We understand that every case is unique and that we cannot apply generic treatment plans to everybody.
To ensure you receive the highest-quality care, we can:
- Provide a friendly, welcoming environment in which to get treatment
- Carefully review your medical history to confirm the cause of your pain and which treatments are right for you
- Advise you on which treatment options you should try to include in a thorough discussion of benefits and risks
- Make time to answer all of your questions so you are comfortable with your treatment plan
- Keep an eye on you throughout treatment and, if necessary, alter treatment to better fit your needs
- Enable you to reach maximum medical improvement (MMI) and teach you how to maintain your current fitness level
The bottom line: we treat you like a person, not a condition. Our team’s only goal is to help you feel better, and we do this by getting to know you as an individual. You can expect sensitive, custom care from Specific Care Chiropractic, whether you need a single treatment or a lifetime of care.
When to Start Herniated Disc Treatment
We recommend that Weston herniated disc patients start treatment as quickly as possible. The sooner you get in touch with us:
- The sooner we can get to work on diagnosing you
- The less time you have to spend in pain
- The better the results you may see from treatment
Even if you feel your pain is manageable, it is better to address it now before it really starts to interfere with your life. It is usually easier to treat pain early on, though we can still help you if your pain is chronic or if you have experienced repeated herniated disc injuries.
How Much Herniated Disc Treatment Costs
If fears about the cost of herniated disc treatment are holding you back, we encourage you to let us know. There are several ways we can make the price more affordable and payment options less confusing. For example:
- We can explain what your insurance policy covers versus what you will have to pay out of pocket.
- If you are uninsured, we offer payment programs that would allow you to pay over time. We also offer special family plans, if you want your spouse or children to experience the benefits of chiropractic care.
- If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, their insurance company may cover your treatment. We can provide their insurer with any evidence they need to understand your need for this treatment.
We also want you to know that chiropractic care is relatively inexpensive, given the vast range of short- and long-term benefits it offers. Before deciding whether you can afford chiropractic care, or whether this type of care is right for you, you can receive all of the answers and information you need from our team.
We Treat Herniated Disc Patients From Weston
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we believe that no one should have to live in pain from a herniated disc or any other back injury. If you are a Weston, Florida, resident considering treatment options, call us at (239) 369-9109. We would be happy to help you decide which treatment is right for you.