When all of your bones align properly, your body can function pain-free. Even a slight misalignment can affect your mobility and daily life.
If you are in Weston, chiropractic adjustments our team can perform may help reduce your pain and improve your quality of life without the need for invasive treatments. Call Specific Care Chiropractic at (239) 369-9109 to find out more.
How Do Chiropractic Adjustments Work?
Before starting any treatment, we make sure that:
- We have a thorough understanding of what is causing your pain.
- You understand the pros and cons of all viable treatment options.
- You know what to expect from each treatment, including the likely results.
Our team works closely with each patient to ensure quality care. This means:
Getting to Know You
We do not recommend or start any treatment until we have had a chance to:
- Talk to you in person
- Ask questions about your condition, symptoms, past treatments, and medical history
- Review your medical records
- Order and review results from diagnostic tests, such as x-rays
We use this information to diagnose the cause of your pain and determine if chiropractic adjustments are a safe, appropriate treatment option for you. If so, we can proceed with the next step.
Adjusting Your Spine With Care
As Cleveland Clinic states, chiropractic adjustments are safe as long as the person treating you has proper training and licensure. The team at Specific Care Chiropractic has the expertise and experience to:
- Determine when chiropractic adjustments are necessary and whether you should avoid adjustments due to a preexisting condition
- Adjust your spine or joints with fast or slow, strong or gentle movement, all depending on your needs
- Identify potential problems early on, making it easier to stop and adjust treatment as necessary
Assessing the Efficacy of Treatment
Your treatment will go through four phases:
- The acute phase, where we treat your injury and relieve your pain
- The rehab phase, where we work on restoring lost range of motion and flexibility
- The strengthening phase, where we restore lost muscle strength
- The MMI phase, or maximum medical improvement phase, where we have done all we can to improve your condition and can work on maintaining your current level of fitness
You may not move through these phases in a straight line. It can be discouraging to feel like you are “stuck” in one phase or regressing to a previous one, but do not give up: treatment is not always straightforward. You can still experience positive results, even if your progress is not as smooth as you would like it to be.
We keep a careful eye on patients as they move through these four phases. We will let you know how your treatment progresses, and you can always contact us if you ever have doubts or concerns.
What Are Chiropractic Adjustments Good For?
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we use chiropractic adjustments to treat a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, including problems with your:
- Discs: A herniated disc occurs when one of the discs between your vertebrae is damaged or pushed out of place. This causes the vertebrae to grind against each other and can even injure nerves.
- Bursae: According to Mayo Clinic, bursae provide cushioning to your joints. When injured or overused, they could become inflamed and cause pain.
- Nerves: Nerves thread around and in between bones throughout your body. If the bones move out of alignment and put pressure on a nerve, you could develop carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, or another painful condition.
- Muscles: Your muscles are attached to your bones. When an injury impacts the muscles—such as whiplash or strain—manipulating the skeleton can provide relief.
- Head: Neck strains or problems with the vertebrae in your neck can cause headaches.
In short, if you are having an issue with your skeleton or any of the parts associated with it, chiropractic adjustments could be the right option for you. While chiropractic care may be most closely associated with the spine, our Weston team can treat issues with all joints, including those in your:
- Hands and wrists
- Feet and ankles
When Are Chiropractic Adjustments Less Effective?
If you have severe or acute injuries, such as a spinal cord injury or an open wound, you will need more than just chiropractic care. In cases like these, you may need emergency care, stitches, and surgery to save your life or prevent further damage.
After receiving this emergency treatment, you can start to think about whether chiropractic care could help you:
- Heal faster after surgery
- Prevent muscle loss or loss of flexibility after a long recovery
- Alleviate pain the injury or the treatment caused
- Reduce scar tissue
In the past, our team has worked with our patients’ other doctors to come up with an overall treatment plan that offers the patient the best chance of a good outcome. Now we can do the same for you.
How Much Do Chiropractic Adjustments Cost?
The answer to this question differs for every patient and depends on:
- How long treatment lasts: Some people only need to come in once or twice, while others require longer-term treatment.
- How many treatments you need: If chiropractic adjustments alone are not enough to get the job done, we can provide physiotherapy as well.
- Your insurance policy: Everyone’s health insurance covers different types of treatments, has different deductibles, and so on.
If you have questions about how much you will pay or whether hiring an attorney may be helpful, we encourage you to speak up. Our team would be more than happy to go over your legal rights and payment options with you.
Learn More About Chiropractic Adjustments
Specific Care Chiropractic is dedicated to helping South Floridians identify and overcome the reasons for their pain. To that end, we can provide Weston residents with chiropractic adjustments and other treatments that allow them to live the best, pain-free life possible. You can schedule your first appointment by calling (239) 369-9109.