Do you live in Deerfield Beach and suffer from bursitis? We are experienced in helping patients recover from all types of bursitis. Specific Care Chiropractic can help alleviate your discomfort with a customized Deerfield Beach bursitis treatment plan. Depending on your condition, your plan may include a combination of chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy techniques.
We will conduct a thorough exam and work with you to reduce your inflammation and get you back to your regular activities without pain or mobility problems. Schedule your appointment today!
What Is Bursitis?
Your body has several small sacs filled with fluid called bursae sacs, which prevent friction or irritation and help you move in comfort. These sacs are located in several large joint areas near tendons, including between:
When these sacs are irritated or inflamed, it is called bursitis. It can be very painful and make movement difficult.
Common Varieties of Bursitis
While bursitis can affect many areas of your body, certain areas see this condition more than others. Some of these include:
- Retromalleolar tendon bursitis – This occurs when your Achilles tendon’s lower area is strained.
- Posterior Achilles tendon bursitis – This bursitis is in the area between your heel’s skin and Achilles’ tendon and is often referred to as Haglund deformity. You feel this pain against your shoe’s hardback support.
- Hip bursitis – Women or middle-aged people are more susceptible to this type of bursitis.
- Elbow bursitis – If your elbow is under constant pressure, you may be susceptible to this bursitis.
- Knee bursitis – If you do not stretch before exercising, you may be at risk of this kind of bursitis. Arthritis may be another cause.
- Kneecap bursitis – Are you a plumber or work in another occupation where you are on your knees a lot? This constant knee pressure can result in bursitis.
Causes of Bursitis
Bursitis is usually caused by either overuse or an injury. Repeated motions are the biggest culprit, as that constant movement irritates the sacs, causing inflammation and pain. Due to decades of wear and tear on joints, muscles, and other bursa sac locations, you are more likely to face bursitis the older you get.
While overuse is the most common cause, it isn’t the only one. Other issues can lead to bursitis, too. Some of these diseases or conditions include:
- Thyroid disease
Because some infections may look similar to bursitis, your physical exam may include fluid removal from the inflamed area to be sure your condition is not an infection.
Symptoms of Bursitis
Typical signs of bursitis include feeling stiff or sore. If you lean on, press, or touch the affected area, you probably will feel more pain. When you look at the area, you will likely see redness or swelling. Some mild cases of bursitis can be treated at home with icing or over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
When Should I See a Doctor?
Pay attention to your symptoms and ask yourself these questions:
- Is my joint pain bad enough to disable my movements?
- Do you feel a sharp or shooting pain while exercising?
- Have you suddenly found yourself unable to move a joint?
- Do you have a fever or chills?
- Has the affected area developed excessive redness?
- Is the swelling in the affected area getting worse?
How Our Deerfield Beach Chiropractic Doctors Treat Your Bursitis
When you arrive for your treatment at our Deerfield Beach office, your physician will examine you to pinpoint your bursitis location. You may be asked about your experiences, levels of discomfort, and your typical daily activities.
X-rays and other diagnostic procedures will help our experts examine your condition closely. After our exam, we will then prescribe a treatment plan for you. Depending on your condition, your plan may include a combination of chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy techniques.
Your body’s extremities include your arms, legs, and shoulders. Your physician may use specific movements to relieve your pain in your joints, such as hips, elbows, or other affected areas. These movements work to reduce your inflammation and discomfort.
During your therapy sessions, your bursitis may flare up. Your chiropractor will monitor your progress and adjust your extremities if you experience normal flare-ups.
Strength and Stretching Exercises
Not everyone knows the right ways to exercise. Our physicians will show you the proper exercises to increase flexibility without making your bursitis worse. You’ll learn how to move your joints, tendons, and muscles in safe ways to aid in your recovery. Our physicians will also guide you on which exercises can be done at home, which ones cannot, and how often you should exercise.
Have you suffered a sports-related injury? Ultrasound therapy uses sound waves to penetrate your muscles and relax them. These waves help damaged tissue regenerate.
The above examples are only a partial list of the chiropractic and physical therapy treatments we have. During your appointment, we will discuss the best options for your unique circumstances and how we can best help you recover. Our doctors will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Specific Care Chiropractic Can Help You With Your Joint-Related Injury Lawsuit
Were you involved in an accident? If you suffered a joint injury that led to bursitis in an accident, you may have grounds to seek a settlement from the person or business responsible.
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we often help our clients get the information they need to strengthen their case in a lawsuit. With your permission, we can also provide your attorney with the details of your case, including:
- Records of your injuries, including your bursitis
- Expert medical evaluation of your condition and what caused it
- Details of your customized treatment plan
- Estimates of how long you may need chiropractic adjustments
- Our invoices which outline your current and future treatment expenses
If your attorney needs any other records to support your case, we will provide them with your permission.
Call Us Today to Schedule Your Deerfield Beach Bursitis Treatment
Specific Care Chiropractic has an office conveniently located in Deerfield Beach. When you visit us for your appointment, our experts can assess your condition, answer any questions you have, and outline a plan tailored for your condition. We’ll also monitor you and adjust your plan as needed to address any flare-ups.