The cervical spine is the most vulnerable part of the spine. This upper portion of the spine is generally called the neck bone. Its location, anatomy, and flexibility make it susceptible to injury from even relatively minor strain. It’s probably why whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries, but even non-traumatic events like sleeping in an awkward position can bring about neck pain.
The right care is essential to maintaining proper function of your neck and recovering from a cervical spine injury. Here at Specific Care Chiropractic, we offer Pembroke Pines neck injury treatment for a variety of neck ailments. We will complete a thorough health evaluation to determine the best treatment option for your neck injury. Through chiropractic care and physiotherapy, we can manage and improve your symptoms.
We Provide Multiple Neck Injury Treatments to Suit Your Needs
Our practitioners provide both chiropractic and physiotherapy options to give our neck injury patients the most comprehensive treatment. Depending on the nature of your injury, you may experience relief from spinal adjustments, targeted physical exercise, advanced technological therapies, or a combination of multiple interventions. The caring and dedicated team at our office serving Pembroke Pines collaborates with you to develop the most effective care plan for your neck injury.
We Treat Neck Injuries Stemming From a Variety of Causes
Specific Care can provide treatment options for your neck injury in almost any circumstance. If you were injured in a:
- Fall accident
- Car crash
- On-the-job accident
- Construction accident
- Sports or recreational activity
- Physical altercation
- Surgical procedure
Neck Injuries Can Occur for Many Reasons
Neck injuries or conditions that affect the neck can result in severe pain, extreme discomfort, and restricted motion. Our team can treat damage to the cervical spine that occurs due to:
- Blunt trauma
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Aging or wear and tear (often disk degeneration in older people)
- Poor posture
- Diseases (cancer, meningitis, etc)
- Nerve compression (caused by herniated disks, dislocated vertebrae, or bone spurs)
We Can Recommend A Tailored Care Plan Involving Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy
Your neck injury treatment at our location serving Pembroke Pines may involve spinal adjustments. Our practitioners are trained in upper cervical techniques such as:
- Toggle Recoil– Toggle Recoil, also called Hole in one (HIO), is among the oldest chiropractic techniques. It focuses on adjusting the top two vertebrae of the neck (atlas and axis) and provides significant relief to patients by aligning the head and neck.
- Knee-Chest Adjustment– The patient kneels and places their chest on the adjustment table. From this position, the chiropractor is able to apply adjustments to the cervical spine.
Additional Spinal Adjustments
Your neck condition may also benefit from the more general spinal manipulation techniques we employ at Specific Care Chiropractic. We perform:
- Diversified Adjustments (Diversified Chiropractic Technique or DCT)– Practitioners locate misaligned vertebrae and thrust the joints back in place. The DCT involves pushing the joint just past its natural resistance point in order to align the vertebrae. A chiropractor can perform these spinal adjustments while the patient is seated (seated diversified technique) or lying down.
- Thompson Drop-Table Technique- The Thompson Technique uses a segmented table that drops with each thrust used to adjust the spine. It allows for a more gentle manipulation for both the doctor and patient. It also allows the patient’s body to start in a more neutral position.
- Sacral-Occipital Technique (SOT)-Sacral Occipital Technique (SOT) is an adjustment technique chiropractors use to align the spine from the back of the skull (occiput) to the base of the spine (the sacrum). It focuses on repositioning the pelvis to correct spinal issues.
Additionally, patients with neck injuries may benefit from physiotherapy, manual interventions used to increase mobility and body function. Our physiotherapists may provide massages, manipulate your joints, stretch your muscles, or give you exercises, depending on your neck injuries. Physiotherapy has proven effective for victims of spinal cord injuries, improving the voluntary strength in muscles affected by the injury, per research published in Spinal Cord.
Physiotherapy options we provide include:
- Stretching and strengthening exercise therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Massage therapy
- Corrective care
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation (E-STIM)
Our team of knowledgeable practitioners can explain the best physiotherapy option for you based on your medical history and the specifics of your neck injury.
What Can You Expect at Your First Neck Injury Appointment
Your initial appointment at our facility serving Pembroke Pines will include an in-depth discussion of your neck injury and goals. We’ll carefully examine you and conduct diagnostic tests to inform your treatment plan.
Our initial workup may include:
- Postural analysis to determine any issues with posture, alignment, balance, muscle weakness, and motion.
- Neurological and strength testing to test fitness of different muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the body and determine any issues of the central nervous system to address in treatment. Some neurological issues may indicate that our treatments are not right for you.
- Thermal imaging used to locate abnormalities in the spine.
- Leg length checks to provide insight into the location of any misalignment and imbalances.
- X-rays and/or MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) to assess the condition of your bones, brain, and tissues.
After your initial examination, we’ll schedule your next appointment to go over the results of your tests. At that point, we can discuss viable treatment options and develop a timeline and expectations for recovery.
Improve Your Cervical Spine Health and Your Quality of Life
Our Pembroke Pines neck injury patients can rest easy knowing they are in the most capable and caring hands in the chiropractic industry. Our holistic approach to wellness informs the neck injury treatments we provide because we understand that any damage to the neck can adversely impact your nervous system, the body’s command center. Improvements to your cervical spine could mean improvement in your quality of life. Call Specific Care Chiropractic today for your first appointment.