Spine injuries can have a lasting, negative effect on your life. Specific Care Chiropractic offers a range of noninvasive treatments we can recommend and adapt to your needs.
To learn more about your Lehigh Acres spine injury treatment options, call (239) 369-9109 and make an appointment today. Our team is eager to learn more about your situation and figure out the best ways to help you.
How Our Spine Injury Treatments Work
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we personalize our treatment plans to each patient’s needs. We are very aware that what works for one person may not work for another, so the first thing we do for a new patient is to get to know them better by:
- Scheduling an introductory appointment at the earliest possible time
- Allowing the patient plenty of time to tell us about how their injury occurred, what symptoms they have, and what treatment they have already undergone (or will soon undergo)
- Asking pertinent, specific questions to help us better understand the patient’s situation
- Requesting copies of the patient’s medical records so we can learn more about their overall health and past treatments
- Ordering tests, such as an MRI, that may help us come to an accurate diagnosis
By carefully completing each step of this process, we can identify the cause of the patient’s pain. We can then talk to them about what treatments may work best for them.
Once the patient and we decide on a treatment plan, we guide the patient through that plan by:
- Monitoring and keeping in touch with them throughout the process, making it easier to track progress and spot potential issues early on
- Adjusting treatment to make sure it has the maximum effect or discontinuing treatment and trying something else if it is not working as expected
- Answering all patient questions about treatment, including questions about other treatments the patient may wish to try
Lehigh Acres spine injury treatment can continue for as long as you keep seeing improvements. Once your progress starts to plateau, you can either stop treatment (if you have reached the maximum possible improvement) or begin another treatment (if further progress is possible).
We Treat Many Kinds of Spine Injuries
Your spine consists of many interwoven parts, including the:
- Vertebrae (bones)
- Spinal cord (nerves)
A spine injury affects one or more of these parts. Our medical professionals are qualified to deal with various spine injuries, including but not limited to:
Spinal Cord Injuries
According to Mayo Clinic, the symptoms you experience after a spinal cord injury vary widely depending on where the injury occurred, as well as if the injury is complete (i.e., there is a complete loss of feeling and control) or incomplete (i.e., some feeling and control remain). Common symptoms include:
- Muscle spasms
- Loss of control of the legs, back, bowels or neck
- Loss of sensation
- Breathing problems
Spinal cord injuries are permanent. However, our treatments may still be able to improve your flexibility and range of motion and reduce any pain or discomfort caused by your injury.
The discs in your spine serve an important purpose: to keep your vertebrae aligned and prevent the bones from putting pressure on other parts. If one of your discs ruptures or slips out of place, you could feel pain and other symptoms as the disc and/or your vertebrae put pressure on the nerves.
Cleveland Clinic states that many herniated discs heal by themselves with rest and time. If your injury continues to cause you pain, however, our team can step in to provide relief.
Just like with any other bone in your body, it is possible to fracture one or more of the vertebrae in your spine. This injury may occur if you are in an accident or you have a condition like arthritis that weakens your bones.
Fractures can be extremely painful and limit your ability to move around or to perform everyday tasks. Our treatment options can help you recover after such an injury.
We Offer Various Spine Injury Treatments
Just as there is more than one type of spine injury, there is more than one form of spine injury treatment. Specific Care Chiropractic is prepared to offer you any combination of the following treatments:
- Chiropractic adjustments: If your spine is out of alignment, adjustments can help put it back into position.
- Stretches and exercises: Our physician can recommend the right exercises to keep your spine and back strong. This could reduce pain and prevent future injuries.
- Massage therapy: When done properly, massages can make you feel better in the short term and help you heal more efficiently in the long term.
- Rehabilitation: Spine injuries can be very severe. You may have to start small with only the gentlest of exercises before slowly building your way up to the exercises that help you regain range of motion and physical strength.
Paying for Lehigh Acres Spine Treatment
All too often, people are forced to delay or avoid getting the medical help they need simply because they cannot afford it. You may have several options for paying for chiropractic care.
If you are insured, your health insurance should cover up to several thousand dollars’ worth of treatment. You may be able to get even more than that if your spine injury was caused by someone else’s negligence. With an attorney’s help, you could sue them for the money you need to pay for treatment.
For more information about the cost of treatment and paying for treatment, feel free to talk to our staff. We are always happy to help patients figure out how to pay for the care they need and deserve.
Start Your Spine Injury Treatment Today
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we are qualified to provide Lehigh Acres spine injury treatment to patients with a wide range of conditions. Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been suffering for years, call (239) 369-9109. We want to help you get your life back through our noninvasive treatment methods.