The causes of a neck injury vary greatly from poor posture to car accidents. According to Mayo Clinic, neck injuries can lead to headaches, muscle spasms and tightness, and stiffness. Taking over-the-counter pain medication fails to get to the root of the problem and only puts a bandage over it. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we can identify your injury and craft a Buckingham neck injury treatment that tackles the injury head-on and provides pain relief.
We may incorporate ultrasound therapy, massages, and chiropractic care into your regimen, but it all comes down to your goals and what works for you. Book an appointment with us today to learn more. Dial (239) 369-9109.
We Help Patients With Various Neck Injuries
Our team provides chiropractic and physiotherapeutic treatments to patients with neck injuries and conditions such as:
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Bulged or herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash and other soft-tissue injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Neck fractures
Remember that we treat all sorts of injuries, so don’t worry if you don’t see the neck injury you sustained here. We especially want you to come to us if you don’t know what the issue is. During your first appointment, we may ask questions about your pain, conduct an exam, or even request an MRI so we can get more insight into your condition.
What Questions Should I Be Prepared to Answer for My First Visit?
Your physician may give you a questionnaire to get a better idea of your condition. They may ask:
- Where exactly do you feel pain?
- Rate your pain on a scale from 1 to 10.
- What aggravates the pain?
- Is the pain constant, or does it come and go?
- If it comes and goes, how long does it last?
- What previous treatment have you received for your pain?
- When did this pain start?
If you have any imaging scan results or medications for your neck injury, bring them in. That way, we could be in a better position to start your treatment more quickly.
Buckingham Neck Injury Treatments Our Chiropractors Offer
We want you to feel better than you ever have in no time, so we may recommend treatments such as:
The heart of chiropractic care is manipulating and realigning the spine. Your physician may use at least one of these chiropractic techniques in your regimen:
- Toggle recoil
- Diversified adjustments
- Seated adjustments
- The activator method
- The Thompson Drop-Table Technique
- Lumbar side-posture adjustments
- Knee-chest adjustments
According to the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternate Medicine, the evidence shows that manipulative therapy is the most reliable option for those suffering from neck pain.
This therapy involves sending sound waves via a machine to the damaged muscle. The goal of ultrasound therapy is to repair muscle tissue and enhance blood circulation.
Most people associate massages with relaxing spa days at a resort. While this is definitely true, massage therapy can provide various health benefits to those dealing with acute or chronic pain. Massages can:
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve nerve compression and muscle compression
- Alleviate joint stiffness and muscle spasms
- Improve flexibility and your range of motion
- Reduce soreness
Electrical Muscle Stimulation Therapy
Don’t let the word “electrical” alarm you. This method is a painless procedure. Your physician will place electrodes around the affected area. These electrodes will deliver small electrical pulses into the skin that aim to alleviate muscle spasms and inflammation.
Strength Training and Stretching
Once you start feeling better, we may incorporate some stretching routines to improve your flexibility. We may also implement strengthening exercises to build muscle mass. The stronger you get, the less prone you are to re-injury.
What Are the Phases of Buckingham Neck Injury Treatments?
Although everyone’s recovery looks different, it generally consists of four phases:
- Acute: We administer care (e.g., chiropractic adjustments or massage therapy) for your immediate relief.
- Rehab: Once we’ve relieved your pain, we can start focusing on improving your range of motion and flexibility. In addition to chiropractic care and massage, we may include light exercises.
- Strengthening: We may recommend exercises that strengthen your neck. At this phase, you may feel better – or at least as good as you did before your injury,
- Maximum medical improvement (MMI): You’ve gotten as good as you’ll ever be. Your physician might have you schedule maintenance appointments so you can keep up the progress you’ve made.
It’s normal to have setbacks or flare-ups during the treatment phases, so don’t lose hope or feel discouraged. It’s all part of the process.
Our Injury Patients Have Shared Their Experiences With Us
No one can speak to how we treat our patients like they do. Check out some of their testimonials:
- “I have been a patient at “Specific Care Chiropractic” for the past five years! The doctors and technicians have not only taken care of my hurting neck & back they go out of their way to make you feel special! There are a lot of chiropractors around this country that just perform a service to adjust your bones. At Specific Care their team goes the extra mile by personalizing your experience where you feel part of their family!” – Larry S.
- “The staff, trainers, and Doctors are awesome. They make sure you’re comfortable before starting their procedures. They are a very caring facility. If you have any questions, they will answer immediately and if the person can’t, he/she will find the right person to assist you. They are the BEST!” – Patricia S.
Just like with these patients, Specific Care Chiropractic is ready to help you get on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
Our Team Serves Neck Injury Patients in Buckingham
Don’t feel like you have to “suck it up” and push through the pain. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we can take a holistic, personalized approach to alleviate the pain from your neck injury. Call us today at (239) 369-9109 to set up an appointment with our team.