Sciatic pain can throb and radiate from the back of your legs all the way down and make it difficult or impossible for you to move freely. The pain can be intermittent, steady, or flare up on occasion. Our team works hard to make sure your sciatic nerve and the troubling symptoms of sciatica respond to our Pompano Beach sciatica treatment.
At Specific Care Chiropractic, our treatment goals are your goals because helping people like you heal is what our team does. We can develop a specialized plan to treat your pain and its underlying causes. If you are struggling to deal with the disruption sciatica imposes on your daily life and lifestyle, our chiropractic health care approach to patient wellness can help you get back to living life on your own terms.
Recognizing Sciatica’s Troubling Symptoms
When people describe the pain of sciatica, they often say it is a burning or stabbing pain that comes in bursts and jolts. It can be intermittent or constant and worsen with certain movements of your body. Unexpected movements, like a cough, can also cause the pain to worsen.
Before treating the pain sciatica causes, it must be accurately diagnosed. Diagnosis starts with reporting symptoms. If you experience any of these warning signs, let a member of our health care team know today:
- Pain from your lower back to your legs
- Numbness or weakness in the same area
- A tingling sensation in your legs, toes, and feet
- Inability to control your bowel or bladder
Once your symptoms are reported and assessed, we can diagnose your condition and develop a beneficial treatment plan that moves you away from pain and into recovery.
Getting a Conclusive Diagnosis
Deciding how to treat your sciatica will depend, in part, on the diagnostic tests we conduct and their results. Our team uses all available information to make a well-informed decision on your best treatment options. Sciatica can be diagnosed using a number of tests and exams. These include:
- A straight leg raise test
- A complete physical exam
- Exploratory X-rays
- MRIs and CT scans
We may also conduct tests to gauge your nervous system’s responses and how your muscles react to electrical impulses. The collective results, plus your physical exam, will help us determine your treatment protocol.
Potential Sciatica Complications
Getting treatment for sciatica is important. When sciatica is left untreated or becomes chronic and does not respond to treatment, it can gradually worsen. For example, if you have chronic sciatica:
- A drop foot condition might occur.
- You might lose the ability to walk.
- You may suffer permanent nerve damage.
You might also lose all feeling in your leg without prompt treatment. If you do, get immediate medical attention. In most cases, sciatica is highly treatable, and most people experience positive recovery. When our team manages your sciatica, we will work hard to ensure you get the medical care and support you need to experience maximum recovery and get your life back together.
The Specific Care Chiropractic Approach to Sciatica Treatment
Our approach to treating sciatica patients in Pompano Beach is manifold. Our treatment options will minimize pain and encourage mobility. When you come to us for care, we review each treatment option with you and recommend the ones our team believes will give you the best recovery outcome.
For example, our sciatica treatment options include:
- Rehabilitative therapy that supports trouble spots and targets restorative care by increasing blood flow and flexibility
- Gentle stretching and strengthening programs that help ease pain in the lower back
- Therapeutic massage to promote muscle relaxation and ease painful cramping and spasms
- Ultrasound therapy and electrical muscle stimulation (E-SIM) therapy to target and treat chronic and debilitating muscle pain
You will also learn how to perform some stretches and exercises at home. Doing so will help keep your recovery focused and moving along at a steady rate. Home care also supports healthy self-care practices.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Medicine in Treating Sciatica
Cleveland Clinic research notes the benefits of chiropractic care for treating and relieving sciatic pain. Chiropractic medicine focuses on adjusting, manipulating, and realigning the spine using a variety of manual therapies that ease many painful conditions without drugs. Using stretches and controlled pressure, it can focus on specific areas of pain and discomfort.
Chiropractic manipulations and adjustments can provide relief for long-term sciatic pain. It can be ideal for patients who want a drug-free pain management option. With massage, deep tissue manipulation, and other helpful techniques, you can recover from the debilitating pain of sciatica.
Our Satisfied Patients Recommend Us to Others
We work hard to help our patients restore their health and recover peace of mind. When you visit our patient testimonials page, you will read reviews like these:
- “They will educate you and will put together a plan to improve the quality of life for you. I highly recommended Specific Care Chiropractor.” — Richard Whiteman
- “The Doctors [and] the staff [and] everyone is so nice and awesome, and they really do care if you’re feeling better! Recommend 1,000. This place is great!” — Mike Noland
- “She took the time to listen to me, answer all my questions and explain what my plan of care will be. I am finally hopeful that my problem will be fixed. I’m so grateful.” — Lydia Quidera
Our team believes patient care is more than medical—it treats the whole client. We make sure you have restorative care you can practice at home and help your recovery stay on track.
Start Your Pompano Beach Sciatica Treatment Today
If you or someone you love in Pompano Beach is struggling to live with the radiating pain of sciatica, our chiropractic team can help. Our staff will work with you to build a sciatica treatment plan that fosters optimal recovery for you. Contact our patient care team at Specific Care Chiropractic by calling (239) 369-9109 to start getting the relief you need today.