Pompano Beach residents living with pain from musculoskeletal conditions, certain traumatic injuries, or nerve damage may benefit significantly from chiropractic adjustments or spinal manipulations.
When you get a chiropractic adjustment, our licensed chiropractors will assess your current injuries and determine a specific treatment plan to correct misalignment or help you build strength. This process can ease the pain you are experiencing and boost your spinal mobility. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we offer Pompano Beach chiropractic adjustments to help you on the path toward healing.
Call us today at (239) 369-9109 to schedule your appointment with our Pompano Beach chiropractors.
Pompano Beach Chiropractic Adjustments Can Address Spine-Related Pain From Acute Injury or Long-Term Stress
If you suffer a back injury in a car accident, serious pain can suddenly come into your life. Back injuries can cause a dramatic reduction in your quality of life. Spinal injuries can also develop gradually over time due to poor posture and other problems that gradually put pressure on your spine in ways that it’s not meant to handle. These types of injuries can also be treated with chiropractic care.
Other health conditions can lead to spinal misalignment. This is often the case with scoliosis, an abnormal curvature of the spine most frequently diagnosed in adolescents, according to Mayo Clinic.
Our chiropractors take the time to understand what’s causing your back pain so that we can determine the appropriate treatment plan. Pompano Beach chiropractic adjustments can address injuries, musculoskeletal conditions, and other health problems using spinal manipulation.
Pompano Beach Chiropractic Adjustments Can Treat Spine Misalignments That Affect Other Parts of the Body
Sometimes, it can be unclear whether your pain or lack of mobility directly results from a spinal misalignment. For instance, you may be experiencing frequent headaches caused by your spinal injury, which could be mitigated through chiropractic adjustments.
Nerve root compression is a common cause of pain when the spine is misaligned. For example, the British Medical Journal (BMJ) explains that approximately 90% of sciatica cases are caused by a herniated disc with nerve root compression. Sciatica tends to show up as pain in the legs that can be disabling. Chiropractic treatment for sciatica includes chiropractic adjustments, rehabilitative therapy, massage therapy, and other options.
Inflammation resulting from a spinal injury can cause stiffness and discomfort in areas adjacent to your spine, and misalignment can also cause other muscles in your body to overwork themselves. This can give the impression that the root cause of the injury is somewhere else.
How Can Pompano Beach Chiropractic Adjustments Help You Manage Pain?
Chiropractic adjustments are one of the safest and most effective treatments for people suffering from back injuries. The manual manipulations performed by our Pompano Beach chiropractors will help take the pressure off pinched nerves and overworked muscles so that you can enjoy a better quality of life with less pain.
There are several types of spinal manipulations in the world of chiropractic care. Some techniques we use include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Diversified adjustments is a technique in which chiropractors forcefully push vertebrae back into their proper position.
- Seated diversified adjustments involve diversified adjustments that are applied while the patient is sitting in a chair.
- Lumbar side posture adjustments is a technique where the patient lays on their side with one leg bent, and the chiropractor applies force to realign the spine. Lumbar side posture adjustments can improve your range of motion and reduce pain.
- Thompson Drop-Table Technique, or Thompson Terminal Point Technique, involves a table with several segments that can rise or drop. The chiropractor uses this “drop” mechanism to allow gravity to assist with spinal manipulation. This adjustment technique reduces the force experienced by the patient, allowing for a gentler adjustment experience.
- Knee-chest adjustments are adjustments in which the chiropractor aligns the head or neck while the patient is kneeling, and the adjustment table supports the chest.
- Toggle recoil is a technique that uses gentle, fast movements to relieve joint restriction. The technique can be used to reduce pain, improve posture, and promote relaxation. A study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics found that the toggle recoil technique reduced headache frequency, duration, and intensity.
- The Activator Method is a technique that uses a small, handheld instrument that applies a quick force to a specific point on the body. This method allows the chiropractor to treat a localized area, such as a single vertebra.
- The Sacral-Occipital Technique is an adjustment that involves precise adjustments to readjust the pelvis. This technique can improve the body’s overall performance.
- Flexion-Distraction Therapy is a process involving gentle manipulations that stretch and decompress the spine. This therapy can reduce pressure on nerves and discs, providing pain relief and improving your range of motion.
- Extremity adjustments are adjustments in which various joints in the hips, elbows, wrists, or other extremities are manipulated and aligned.
When your spine returns to proper alignment, you can see a dramatic improvement in your lower back pain, chronic headaches, and even injury-related fatigue.
Preparing for Your Pompano Beach Chiropractic Adjustment
Our chiropractors seek to make the process of regaining your mobility as easy and effective as possible. We often begin the process by taking X-rays to determine the exact location of your injury and make an informed plan for treating your pain.
We take a holistic approach to every injury, so your initial visit will be dedicated to an exam and a discussion of your overall health and the symptoms leading you to seek care. We want you to feel relaxed and confident that everything that may affect the outcome of your recovery is being considered.
After your first two visits, we will have a clearer picture of what needs to be done to help you recover and regain your strength. This is when we’ll present you with a treatment plan, which may require sessions regularly for multiple weeks or months.
Physiotherapy Supports Lasting Recoveries After Chiropractic Adjustments in Pompano Beach
Chiropractic care in Pompano Beach isn’t just about adjustments that make your vertebrae pop back into place. These treatments can be supplemented by another category of treatments known as physiotherapy, which is designed to strengthen and align muscles so that you can recover faster and prevent future injuries.
By providing you with exercises that you can do at home on a regular basis, our team will help ensure that your recovery has long-lasting results by supporting good posture and improved back muscle strength. Procedures that fall under the physiotherapy umbrella include:
- Massage therapy to relieve pain and encourage blood flow
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to improve mobility
- Electrotherapeutic procedures like ultrasound therapy
A combination of Pompano Beach chiropractic adjustments and physiotherapy can help you put your chronic spine-related pain behind you.
Our Pompano Beach Chiropractors Can Work With Your Personal Injury Lawyer
If you sustained a back injury during a personal injury accident and you’re currently working with a lawyer to seek compensation for your injuries, we can support your case. We can provide your lawyer with:
- Copies of your medical records
- Invoices showing your treatment expenses
- Diagnostic images indicating injury severity
- Medical testimony regarding expected treatment outcome
If you’re in need of a lawyer but don’t currently have one, we are ready to recommend one to you.
A Licensed Pompano Beach Chiropractic Adjustment Professional Can Help You Reduce Pain and Minimize Spinal Stress
If you are interested in chiropractic adjustments in Pompano Beach, look no further. The knowledgeable chiropractors at Specific Care Chiropractic provide skilled chiropractic care to individuals in Pompano Beach and the surrounding areas. We understand that back pain and other health conditions can be excruciating and substantially impact your life. We want to help you get back to enjoying your favorite activities in a pain-free manner as quickly as possible.
Call Specific Care Chiropractic at (239) 369-9109 to begin your journey toward recovery today.