Whiplash is a common car-accident-related injury, but this overextension of the neck can result from many kinds of accidents. The result of whiplash is often severe pain and stiffness. In some cases, there are long-term complications, requiring surgery.
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we have a range of options available for Pembroke Pines whiplash treatment. After a thorough evaluation, we will collaborate with you to determine the appropriate treatment for your injury, whether it’s chiropractic care, physiotherapy, or a mixture of both. Our goal is to increase your mobility, decrease your pain, and heal the root cause.
We Provide Chiropractic Care with Hospitality
Our chiropractic and physiotherapy facility serves clients facing all manner of injuries, diseases, and disabilities. You can count on our team to treat you with kindness, dignity, and care.
Hospitality is at the heart of what we do. Our team of practitioners and support staff will welcome you with open arms, walk you through our facility, explain our methods of treatment, and answer any questions you have. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible working with our team for as long as you are receiving treatment.
What Is Whiplash?
Whiplash is an injury of the upper part of the spine, known as the cervical spine. It is caused when a strong force thrusts the neck back and forth. It can affect the vertebrae and connective tissue, which includes muscles, tendons, ligaments, and skin. This is the area that we call the neck.
Whiplash may be called a neck sprain or strain, depending on whether there is an injury to the ligaments or tendons, respectively. Whiplash is typically associated with car accidents, but you can also sustain neck injuries from sports, a fall, or physical violence.
Our Pembroke Pines Whiplash Treatments Can Alleviate Your Symptoms
While many people get better within a few weeks, some experience chronic neck pain and other long-term complications. If you’re suffering from whiplash, you may have any number of symptoms that include:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck
- Limited range of motion in the neck
- Shoulder, arm, and/or upper back pain or tenderness
- Numbness or tingling in the arms
- Blurred vision
- Trouble remembering things
- Sleep problems
- Ringing ears
- Difficulty concentrating
Our chiropractic and physiotherapy treatment for whiplash can help alleviate many of these symptoms and put you on a smoother path to recovery. If you notice any signs of whiplash, contact a medical professional immediately.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment Options
If your whiplash injury is related to joints that have moved out of place, we may recommend our upper cervical chiropractic treatment which includes:
- Knee-Chest Adjustment– Our Pembroke Pines chiropractor can adjust your cervical spine while you kneel with your chest on an adjustment table. This positioning allows the practitioner the optimal position to perform the manipulations.
- Toggle Recoil– The toggle recoil technique targets the top two vertebrae of the neck, known as the atlas and axis. Our chiropractors can provide you relief by aligning your head and neck. This technique is also called the hole-in-one (HIO). It’s one of the oldest chiropractic adjustment techniques in use.
The practitioners on our team are well-trained in a variety of adjustment techniques. You may benefit from one or more of our Pembroke Pines whiplash treatments. Additional chiropractic techniques we may consider include:
- Activator Method– This is an instrument technique. Our chiropractors use a hand-held instrument that is spring-loaded to deliver a gentler thrust to specific joints.
- Thompson Drop-Table Technique– The Thompson Technique is a gentler spinal adjustment technique using a segmented table. Each segment of the table is adjustable, allowing each segment to drop just slightly every time the chiropractor applies a thrust to the patient’s joint.
- Diversified Adjustments (Diversified Chiropractic Technique or DCT)- DCT uses a high-speed-low-amplitude force to thrust misaligned or stiff joints into place.
- Sacral-Occipital Technique (SOT)-Sacral Occipital Technique (SOT) is a technique that focuses on realigning the pelvis in order to correct the spine from the base of the skull, or occiput, to the base of the spine, or sacrum.
Physiotherapy for Whiplash Injuries in Pembroke Pines
Your whiplash injuries may be receptive to physiotherapy treatments as well. These treatments involve manipulation by hand or with special devices. It also includes the use of exercise. Physiotherapy can:
- Reduce your pain
- Increase your flexibility
- Improve your range of motion
- Relieve headaches, stress, and tension
- Improve the function of various body parts
Physiotherapy Treatment Options
We offer a variety of Pembroke Pines physiotherapy options for whiplash treatment, such as:
- Stretching and strengthening exercise
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Massage therapy
- Corrective care
- Ultrasound therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation (E-STIM)
We Can Work with Your Whiplash Injury Lawyer
Car accident victims and those suffering injuries from other kinds of accidents trust us to provide the best treatment for their musculoskeletal injuries. We also work with injury lawyers as they pursue compensation for people suffering from a negligence-based injury.
In working with your attorney, we may be able to provide:
- Medical records
- Treatment cost invoices
- X-rays and test results
- A detailed treatment plan
- Written evaluation of your injuries and their severity
- An estimate of your expected recovery time
- Future treatment costs
- Expert testimony on your behalf
We know that the time after an accident can be stressful, especially if you’re dealing with a painful, limiting injury. We aim to improve your quality of life, restore your health, and help you move on from the accident that caused your injury.
Schedule an Appointment For your Pembroke Pines Whiplash Treatment Today
Whiplash injuries can sometimes incur long-term health problems, especially if you don’t receive proper treatment. Specific Care Chiropractic will provide you with the best in chiropractic and physiotherapy services to treat injuries of your cervical spine and improve your overall physical health. Call us today to schedule your appointment and start the road to recovery.