If you live with scoliosis pain and symptoms, our physicians can help. We provide individualized treatment plans using chiropractic adjustments and physiotherapy services to reduce pain, rebuild strength, and decrease the effects of your condition on your everyday life.
We use a range of therapies as a part of Hollywood scoliosis treatment. You can learn about your treatment options by scheduling an initial intake exam with Specific Care Chiropractic.
Call (239) 369-9109 now to learn more, ask questions, or make an appointment for your intake exam. We can send your new patient paperwork right away.
We Offer Scoliosis Diagnosis and Treatment in Hollywood, FL
Our physicians understand scoliosis, the issues it causes, and how to address these concerns. Scoliosis occurs when your spine curves sideways. This can vary in severity from very mild to severe. It causes many symptoms in many patients, such as:
- Stress on the hips and legs because one side of the body is higher than the other
- Difficulty breathing when the rib cage compresses the lungs
- Inflammation in nerves along the spine and neck that cause issues in the back, arms, and legs
- Chronic pain
- Loss of mobility and other abilities
Our physicians prescribe chiropractic adjustments and physical therapy services to stop or reduce patients’ pain, improve their range of motion, and regain lost abilities. Over time, this can lessen the spine’s curvature and improve their quality of life.
We Offer Comprehensive Treatment for Different Types of Scoliosis
There are several types of scoliosis. Our teams can help clients diagnosed with:
- Idiopathic scoliosis: This is the most common type of scoliosis. It is usually seen in preteens and teens but is sometimes diagnosed later. Adults living with idiopathic scoliosis can benefit from chiropractic services, too.
- Congenital scoliosis: This type of spinal curvature occurs before birth. The child may need ongoing treatment as they grow. Our team can assess your child’s needs and prescribe the necessary services.
- Neuromuscular scoliosis: Some scoliosis occurs because of other conditions, such as muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, and spinal cord injuries. We provide treatment for this type of scoliosis to complement other treatments and therapies.
- Degenerative scoliosis: Many older adults develop scoliosis due to lower back injuries or other wear and tear on the spine. We can often provide marked recovery for those with concerns related to degenerative scoliosis.
Our Team Prescribes Holistic Hollywood Scoliosis Treatment Plans
The Specific Care Chiropractic team handles each case based on its unique facts. We do not have a one-size-fits-all plan for addressing scoliosis and providing treatments for patients with this diagnosis. Instead, we use our thorough intake and exam process to determine your individual needs and prescribe treatments based on what we discover.
During the assessment, we need you to answer questions about your diagnosis, previous and current treatments, complications, health history, symptoms, and more. We will ask about your current pain and where you hurt. You could share this information with us during your physical exam.
The physical exam itself could include:
- Other imaging scans
- Other tests
- A visual exam of your back
- Palpitating the affected areas
By getting all the information available about your condition and its symptoms, we can build a better care plan for you. We pair chiropractic adjustments with physiotherapy to develop an individualized plan that meets your needs.
As you proceed with your plan and continue meeting with our team, our doctors will constantly assess your needs and adjust the plan to meet them. Changes could include adding additional types of therapies, using different techniques, or tweaking those already prescribed to you.
At Specific Chiropractic Care, our physicians want patients to leave stronger than they came. We take a holistic approach to treating scoliosis and other musculoskeletal injuries, considering the effects of our treatments on every part of your body. Sometimes, we can help with symptoms that our treatments do not directly address.
For example, we do not directly treat respiratory system concerns, but our clients often report an improvement in their breathing as they proceed with adjustments for their scoliosis.
Prescribed Scoliosis Treatments From Our Hollywood Team
Our physicians prescribe a combination of chiropractic adjustments and physical therapy to address scoliosis symptoms. Using certain treatments, we help our clients achieve better spine alignment, reduce inflammation, increase their range of motion, and greatly reduce or eliminate pain.
The chiropractic techniques we prescribe for clients with scoliosis include:
- Diversified adjustments
- Side-posture adjustments for the lumbar spine
- The Thompson Drop-Table Technique
- The Sacral-Occipital Technique (SOT)
- Toggle recoil for minor adjustments or those who cannot withstand more forceful treatment
- Extremity manipulation for pain in the hips, arms, and legs
These adjustments work alongside physiotherapy exercises that increase strength and
help patients recover lost abilities. Physiotherapy may include:
- Rehabilitation to rebuild strength and flexibility, in addition to addressing specific lost abilities
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to further strengthen the body and provide protection against future injuries
- Corrective care to help with flare-ups and residual pain
- Various massage techniques to address the symptoms
- Ultrasound therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation (E-STIM) therapy
While our treatment plans cannot eliminate scoliosis entirely, they provide relief for many patients. With chiropractic care and physiotherapy, it may be possible to reduce your pain and regain lost strength and flexibility. This could increase mobility, help you move without pain, and address any disabilities.
Contact Our Team About Hollywood, FL, Scoliosis Treatment Today
Specific Care Chiropractic has someone standing by to discuss your diagnosis and symptoms today. We can schedule a new patient intake exam, answer your questions, and send paperwork to prepare for your initial visit. Our team believes you deserve to live a pain-free life. Let us address your scoliosis symptoms.
Call (239) 369-9109 to get started.