Spinal cord injuries are extremely sensitive. Your spine houses a network of essential nerves and vertebrae. A single problem in your spine can cause a domino effect of pain, discomfort, and debilitation. When seeking Coconut Creek spine injury treatment, you must find those who are trained, licensed, and knowledgeable.
Specific Care Chiropractic will provide your spine injury treatment in Coconut Creek. We offer a variety of treatments and put client safety first. Our appointments come with no obligations. We will review your case and explain how we may help.
Types of Spinal Injuries Our Chiropractors Treat
Mayo Clinic defines a spinal cord injury as “damage to any part of the spinal cord or nerves at the end of the spinal canal”. We treat spinal cord injuries resulting from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports accidents
- Medical errors
- Other causes
The type of spinal injury you have suffered is important. The American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) explains the difference between complete and incomplete spinal cord injuries. A complete spinal cord injury causes some degree of paralysis. An incomplete spinal cord injury does not cause complete paralysis.
These distinctions matter when treating a spinal cord injury. The treatment courses we offer may vary based on the nature of your injury. When you meet with our team, we will conduct a physical examination. We will also review any current diagnosis you have received. At this point, we will explain the treatment options we can provide.
What Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injury Do We Address?
Our wellness team will first determine what your symptoms are. We will address those symptoms through treatment. Per Cleveland Clinic, spinal cord injuries can cause:
- Loss of sensation
- Pain and pressure, especially in the back and neck
- Loss of control of certain bodily functions
- Weakness in your extremities
- Breathing difficulties
- Other symptoms
We may address the most severe symptoms first. Our goal is to improve your overall health, though. This generally means addressing all symptoms.
What is the Target Outcome for Spinal Cord Injury Treatment?
We will target any improvable spinal cord injury symptoms. The target outcome for each patient will vary. Our goals may include:
- Increasing strength in body parts affected by your injury
- Reducing pain
- Increasing sensitivity in affected areas of your body
- Improving your sense of capability and independence
- Providing an opportunity for intentional physical exercise
- Reducing muscle stiffness
- Maintain bone density
- Maintenance of your bodily functions
The World Journal of Orthopedics explains that spine injury treatment is not always easy. So, in addition to providing treatment and rehabilitation, our team will motivate you.
Spinal cord injuries can be physically debilitating. The toll of spine injuries is also psychological. We provide empathetic, motivational spine injury treatment. So, expect nothing less when you visit Specific Care Chiropractic in Coconut Creek.
Treatment Options Offered at Our Chiropractic Center
Your treatment plan will reflect your spinal cord injury. After conducting a physical examination and speaking with you, we may recommend:
Physiotherapy (PT) is also known as physical therapy. The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine details the benefits of physiotherapy for those with spinal cord injuries. You may experience both physical and psychological benefits from PT, which may include:
- Massage therapy
- Electrical stimulation (E-stim) therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Stretching exercises
- Strengthening exercises
- Rehabilitation therapy
Your recovery may involve one or more of these treatments. We will conduct each necessary treatment in a safe, logical sequence. We also offer corrective care, including chiropractic adjustments.
Chiropractic adjustments can yield excellent results for some people with a spine injury. We will evaluate your risk factors and determine if adjustments are worthwhile and safe. Our licensed chiropractors can perform several different adjustments, including:
- Diversified adjustments: This adjustment places a misaligned vertebra back into position.
- Seated diversified adjustments: You may receive a diversified adjustment from a seated position.
- Side posture adjustments: This adjustment involves using controlled force upon your lower side or pelvic area. This may be an effective treatment for pain caused by a spinal injury.
- Toggle recoil adjustments: These adjustments are more subtle. They may nonetheless reduce symptoms of spinal injury.
- Thompson Drop-Table adjustments: This technique involves a special chiropractic table divided into seven segments. The technique calls for manipulation of your entire spine.
- Sacral-occipital adjustments: A time-tested approach, sacral-occipital adjustments target specific areas of the body harmed by your spinal injury.
- Activator adjustments: Activator adjustments employ a spring-loaded mechanical device. We may use this Activator device as we administer certain adjustments.
These adjustments are merely options available to us. We will only employ treatments that are right for you. We will answer all of your questions or concerns before administering any treatment.
We Will Guide You Through the Rehabilitation Process
Your spine injury treatment will occur in stages, including:
- The acute phase: This phase entails treatment of pain and other injury-related symptoms.
- The rehabilitation phase: Rehabilitation is a critical step in your recovery. This phase can be long but is necessary for proper healing.
- The strengthening phase: We may incorporate strengthening exercises into your recovery during this phase.
- The maximum medical improvement (MMI) phase: Our treatment can no longer improve your condition when you have reached MMI. You are ready to resume your life, perhaps incorporating techniques that we have taught you.
We will take you as far as we can. Our goal is to help you get as close to “normal” as you possibly can.
Call Today to Discover the Coconut Creek Spine Injury Treatments We Can Provide to Help You
Spinal cord injuries require attention. Don’t go to just any chiropractor—seek help that you can trust. Specific Care Chiropractic serves the Coconut Creek community with excellent care and knowledge of spinal cord injuries. We will provide treatment that is specific to your needs.
We can also work with your personal injury lawyer if you are taking legal action. We will provide images of your injury, testify, and help in any other way that we can. But, most of all, we will help you heal.
Call Specific Care Chiropractic today at (239) 369-9109 to start your spine injury treatment. We will schedule an appointment and lead your path to recovery.