Bursitis is a painful condition that affects people of all ages. It can keep you from doing your job, playing the sports you love, or even performing simple tasks, like cooking or getting dressed. All of these hardships can greatly impair your quality of life.
Our Weston bursitis treatment team wants to help you get your life back. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we offer a wide range of noninvasive yet effective treatments that address both your symptoms and their root cause. Make an appointment today by dialing (239) 369-9109.
Suffering from Bursitis? Treatment Is Available
There are several ways you can treat your bursitis. Though your first instinct may be to reach for a bottle of painkillers, that can only take you so far. If you do not treat your bursitis properly, scar tissue may develop, permanently limiting your ability to use the affected area.
Fortunately, help is available. Chiropractic care is uniquely suited to provide bursitis treatment that will improve your well-being in both the short and long term. Here are just a few of your treatment options:
It may sound counterintuitive to turn to exercise for bursitis relief since excessive movement often causes this condition. However, when properly planned and monitored, exercise can:
- Alleviate bursitis symptoms
- Prevent the build-up of scar tissue
- Prevent bursitis from recurring in that area
Our team can assess your current fitness level, the severity of your condition, and the location of your bursitis to create an exercise plan that is right for you. Remember not to try any exercise without asking us first, as improper exercise could worsen your condition.
You have probably heard of doctors using ultrasound to see inside a patient’s body, but we use it in a different way.
Soundwaves can help injured tissue regenerate faster, shortening the recovery process. It can also relieve any uncomfortable or painful symptoms the bursitis causes.
Sometimes, bursitis pain comes from the joint putting pressure on the bursa. In these cases, it may help readjust the bones in your joints so they more comfortably share space with the bursa, nerves, tendons, and muscles surrounding them.
During an adjustment session, all you have to do is relax. Your doctor has been trained to provide this kind of treatment safely and efficiently. They can move the injured area in ways that relieve your bursitis symptoms.
We Treat Bursitis Patients With Care
We understand that the people who seek out our services are in a lot of pain. Many have been suffering for quite some time. They—and you—deserve a medical team that will:
- Treat you as an individual, not a condition or “just another bursitis patient”
- Listen to what you have to say as we work toward an accurate diagnosis
- Design a treatment plan that accommodates your needs and preferences
By seeking bursitis treatment from Specific Care Chiropractic, you can expect us to:
- Ask many questions about your condition and listen carefully to everything you have to tell us
- Review your medical history and the results of any tests we order
- Discuss our findings with you and address any questions you have about the condition or our diagnostic process
- Inform you of the treatment options we feel will deliver the best results
- Begin whichever treatment you have selected based on your condition, objectives, and personal preference
- Monitor your progress throughout treatment and, as necessary, adjust treatment so it continues to provide benefits
- Continue treatment until the point of maximum medical improvement (MMI), when the treatment has done all it can to improve your condition
Working With Other Doctors
Chiropractic care has produced positive results for many, both by itself and in conjunction with other treatment methods. If you want or need to undergo other types of treatment for your bursitis, Specific Care Chiropractic can still aid in your recovery by:
- Contacting your other doctors to make sure the care we provide complements rather than undermines the treatments they are providing
- Selecting treatments that can increase the effects you see from other treatments
- Facilitating your recovery from certain types of treatments, such as surgery, so you experience less pain and scarring
Most bursitis cases do not require extreme interventions like surgery. However, it is good to remember that our team is here to make your recovery easier, no matter how serious or difficult treating your bursitis is.
How Bursitis Happens and How to Prevent It
As Johns Hopkins Medicine explains, bursitis occurs when one of the bursae—or cushioning sacs—in your joints becomes inflamed. Your risk of developing a particular type of bursitis depends on how you use your body. For example:
- If you play a sport that forces you to use the same shoulder repeatedly, this could affect the bursa in your shoulder.
- If you hurt your arm at work, you could injure the bursa in your elbow.
- If you do a lot of running without properly warming up beforehand, you could develop bursitis in your knee.
Other risk factors include age, gender, and other conditions, such as diabetes or thyroid disease.
In many cases, you can prevent bursitis by taking good care of your body. We can show you how to do this in addition to treating your present symptoms. For instance, we could:
- Teach you exercises that increase strength and flexibility in the injured area, reducing your risk of developing bursitis there again
- Advise you on how often to take breaks from the activity that caused the bursitis, which gives the bursa a chance to recover
- Continue to provide occasional treatments, such as chiropractic adjustments, for as long as they continue to provide benefits
Start Your Weston Bursitis Treatment Today
If you are ready to take your life back and deal with your bursitis once and for all, call Specific Care Chiropractic at (239) 369-9109. The treatments we offer can improve your quality of life, allowing you to return to Weston with better health and do everything you enjoy.