Spine injuries can be very serious. The most extreme cases could leave you permanently paralyzed or otherwise disabled. Even more moderate cases may cause pain, stiffness, scarring, and other symptoms that prevent you from living your life.
Fortunately, help is available. Our chiropractic care physicians deliver Hollywood spine injury treatment that enables our patients to accomplish more with less pain. Contact Specific Care Chiropractic at (239) 369-9109 to schedule an appointment with one of our doctors and start your pain relief journey.
Treatment for Spine Injuries
No two spine injuries are the same, and no two treatment plans should be the same. At Specific Care Chiropractic, our team helps Hollywood patients create a plan that best suits their situation. Your custom plan may include some combination of the following:
- Rehabilitative therapy: It is easy to lose range of motion and flexibility after a spine injury. Rehabilitative exercises can help you improve your current abilities.
- Strength-building exercises: Although you may never regain your former strength, our exercise routines can increase the range of activities you can do. They can ease pain and other symptoms, improve overall health, and even boost your confidence.
- Electrical muscle stimulation: Also called E-STIM, this treatment uses very light electric pulses to help your injuries heal.
- Massage therapy: Massage is a great way to treat muscular injuries. Our massage techniques alleviate both pain and stress, and they help injured tissue recover faster.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Some patients experience reduced pain after we realign their vertebrae. We may do this using movements that are gentle, strong, or anywhere in between, depending on your condition.
After reading the above list, you may have an instinctive preference for some of these treatments and an aversion or wariness towards others. We encourage you to express your preferences during your appointments, but keep in mind that not all treatments are appropriate for all patients because:
- The type of injury you have may not respond to a particular type of treatment.
- You have another medical condition that makes some of these treatments dangerous for you.
- You are not yet strong enough to handle some of these treatments, but you may be able to try them after regaining strength or range of motion.
Our team can work with you to develop an effective treatment plan.
We Provide Personalized Care for Spine-Related Injuries
It is important to know that not all spine-related injuries can be fixed. This is especially true of complete spinal cord injuries, where the damage may be too extensive, per Mayo Clinic. However, this does not mean there is no hope for improvement.
The Diagnosing Stage
First things first: when you come in for your first appointment, we start collecting the information we need to determine what type of spine injury you suffered. Even if you already have a diagnosis from another doctor, we need to know the following:
- How your injury occurred
- What parts of your body (bone, nerves, etc.) the injury affected
- What symptoms you have experienced since the onset of the injury
- What treatments you have undergone to repair the injury or reduce symptoms
We must thoroughly understand your health history and overall condition, as this is the only way we can guarantee the treatments we suggest will be both safe and effective.
The Planning Stage
Once we have had a chance to analyze your condition and come up with a diagnosis, we will call you back into our office. During this appointment, we discuss:
- Our conclusions regarding what kind of spine injury you sustained
- What types of treatments are most likely to alleviate your symptoms
- The risks and benefits of each of those treatment types
You can take as much time as you need to review what we discuss, ask questions, and consider your options.
The Treatment Stage
Only after both you and we are comfortable with your diagnosis and selected treatment do we actually begin to apply that treatment. This stage will last for as long as it takes for you to achieve maximum medical improvement (MMI). MMI is the point where:
- Your treatment plan has achieved all possible results.
- Continuing treatment will not improve your condition.
- You are ready to work on maintaining the results that treatment has achieved.
With conditions as serious as spine injuries, you may be in treatment for a long time. On the other hand, if your condition is too serious, there might not be as much room for improvement, so treatment may not last as long.
As part of your treatment plan, we might be able to estimate how long your treatment will last based on present circumstances. The estimate could change depending on how fast or slow you make progress.
Chiropractic Care and Other Spine Injury Treatments
As discussed above, spine injuries can be very serious or even life-threatening. In such cases, chiropractic care alone will not be enough. You may also require:
- Vocational therapy
One of the benefits of chiropractic care is its versatility: you can use it in isolation or with the treatments listed above. If you require treatment like surgery, chiropractic care can help you by:
- Reducing pain, stiffness, and scar tissue from the surgery
- Shortening your recovery period
- Helping you rebuild any strength you lost while recovering from surgery
Our team can work with your other healthcare providers to ensure that all of the treatments you receive work in concert towards our common goal: improving your health and quality of life.
Our Team Stands By to Begin Your Hollywood Spine Injury Treatment
Whether you are seeking only chiropractic care or are looking to use it with other remedies, Specific Care Chiropractic is ready and willing to help.
From the time you book your first appointment, we will strive to provide the right spine injury treatment for you. Hollywood residents can call (239) 369-9109 to get started.