If you have experienced muscle strains you know how suddenly they can happen and how painful and restricting they can be. They are the most common type of injury and are most likely to occur in athletes.
Even if you’re not training or playing a sport, muscle strains can still happen to you. Specific Care Chiropractic will treat your muscle strains, help reduce the pain, and guide you as you get your strength back.
What Are the Common Causes of Muscle Strains?
According to Harvard Health Publishing, there are three grades of muscle strains; mild strain, moderate strain, and severe strain.
Muscle strains are most common in the back of the thigh, at the bottom of the spine, or on your hip. Many things can cause muscle strains, and it is important to identify them correctly before they cause serious harm.
One of the most common causes of muscle strains is overuse. This can occur when you repetitively use the same muscle group without giving it time to rest and recover. Other causes of muscle strains include:
- Sudden or severe movement: This can cause the muscle to tear if it’s not properly warmed up, particularly for athletes who are involved in intense, fast-paced games like football or rugby.
- Weak muscles: If your muscles are weak, they’re more susceptible to injury.
- Poor flexibility: This can put you at risk for muscle strains since your muscles are not able to properly stretch and absorb impact. Poor flexibility can happen to anyone and can occur when you don’t take time to stretch regularly.
- Too much intensity: This could be running as fast as possible or strenuously exercising for too long. It can also be caused by lifting too much weight beyond what you’re used to.
If your muscle strain is from any of these causes, it is important to have a professional evaluate them right away. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we can evaluate your injury and offer treatment options to ease the pain and get you back to your favorite activities.
Common Symptoms of Muscle Strains
The most common symptom of muscle strains in Fort Lauderdale is pain. This can range from mild to severe, depending on the severity of your injury.
Other symptoms may include:
- Muscle spasms
- Limited range of motion
- Injured or pulled hamstring
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s time to see a doctor who can properly diagnose and treat your condition.
How Are Muscle Strains in Fort Lauderdale Diagnosed?
Your doctor will ask about your symptoms and take your medical history. He or she will also do a physical examination. This will help them determine the exact cause and severity of your muscle strain or other injuries.
Imaging tests, such as X-rays or Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs), may also be ordered. These tests can help rule out other possible causes of your symptoms, such as a fracture, which would need a different set of treatments.
Chiropractic Care Can Help Treat Muscle Strains
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective treatment for muscle strains. Our chiropractors are licensed and specially trained to identify and treat the underlying cause of your condition and can create a customized treatment plan to address your specific needs. This may include chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, and rehabilitative exercises.
Regular chiropractic care can help to prevent future injuries and keep your muscles healthy and strong. If you’re suffering from a muscle strain, contact our chiropractic office today. We would be happy to discuss your treatment options with you.
How Are Muscle Strains Treated in Fort Lauderdale?
Fort Lauderdale residents who are looking for treatment for their muscle strains have many options available to them. The treatment for a muscle strain will vary depending on the severity of the injury. For minor strains, rest and simple home care may be all that’s needed. But for more severe strains, you may need physical therapy or surgery.
Some possible treatments could include:
- Rest: It’s important to allow your muscles time to heal. You may need to limit your activities for a few days or weeks.
- Ice: Applying ice to the injured area can help reduce swelling and pain. Do this for 15-20 minutes every few hours for the first few days.
- Compression: Wrapping the injured muscle in an elastic bandage can help reduce swelling.
- Elevation: Keeping the injured area raised above the level of your heart can also help reduce swelling.
- Medications: Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, can help reduce pain and inflammation. Your doctor may also prescribe stronger medication if needed.
- Physical therapy: Once the acute pain and swelling have gone down, you may need to start physical therapy. This can help stretch and strengthen the muscles and improve flexibility.
- Surgery: In rare cases, surgery may be needed to repair a severe muscle tear.
Benefits of Treating Muscle Strains With Chiropractic Care
There are many benefits to treating your Fort Lauderdale muscle strains with chiropractic care. Chiropractic care is a safe, drug-free, and non-invasive approach to treatment. It can be used to treat a wide range of conditions, including muscle strains.
Some of the benefits of chiropractic care include:
- Pain relief: Chiropractic care can help to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Improved range of motion: Chiropractic care improves your range of motion and flexibility.
- Increased muscle strength: Chiropractic care can increase muscle strength and improve function.
- Faster healing: Studies have shown that chiropractic care can help speed up the healing process.
Get the Best Fort Lauderdale Muscle Strains Treatment!
If you’re suffering from a muscle strain, Specific Care Chiropractic can help. We’re proud to serve the Fort Lauderdale community and offer you a wide range of chiropractic services, including adjustments, trigger point therapy, and massage therapy.
Contact our office today at (239) 369-9109 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you heal.