Back pain is one of the most common complaints we hear from patients. We help people from all walks of life, from athletes with soft-tissue injuries to seniors who slip and fall.
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we understand that each back injury patient has a unique set of challenges. Therefore, their treatment regimen should reflect them, so they can make the best comeback and start living a pain-free life. Start your Buckingham back injury treatment with our doctors today. Just dial (239) 369-9109 to schedule your first appointment.
Treatments We Administer for Back Injury Patients
If you suffered a back injury, our physicians can render chiropractic care. This treatment uses force to realign the spine and relieve pressure in the muscles and nerves. The different types of chiropractic care we administer include the following:
- Diversified adjustment
- Seated diversified adjustment
- Side posture
- Toggle recoil
- Sacro-Occipital Technique (SOT)
- Thompson Drop-Table Technique
Studies have shown the benefits that come with receiving chiropractic care. According to the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, a study showed that those with lower back pain experienced improvement after receiving 12 treatments in a single month.
Physical Therapy Treatments That Can Help Heal Your Back Injury
Sometimes, healing from your back injury takes more than chiropractic adjustments. At Specific Care Chiropractic, we can incorporate physical therapy in your treatment regimen in tandem with chiropractic adjustments. Your physician may suggest you include, or at least try, one or more of the following treatments:
- Massage therapy
- Electrical muscle stimulation (E-STIM)
- Ultrasound therapy
- Stretching and strengthening therapy
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Corrective care
These therapies aim to prevent further injuries and build muscle. A study from Spinal Cord showed that patients with spinal cord injuries saw an increase in muscle mass after undergoing physical therapy interventions, including resistance training.
Common Back Injuries Our Chiropractors Treat
Our team treats patients with all kinds of back injuries, conditions, and disorders, such as:
- Herniated discs
- Bulged discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Degenerative disc disease (DDD)
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Spinal fractures
If you’re not sure of the exact back injury you’re dealing with, our chiropractors can run or order diagnostic tests, like x-rays, to identify the problem.
Buckingham Back Injury Treatment Phases
In general, patients go through four phases of treatment when they partner with Specific Care Chiropractic, including the following:
- Acute phase: After we get a general idea of your condition, we can administer chiropractic adjustments for immediate pain relief.
- Rehabilitation phase: As your back heals, you may experience flare-ups from time to time. Don’t feel discouraged, as that comes with undergoing back injury treatment. Your physician might also give you some exercises you can start practicing at home.
- Strengthening phase: As your pain dies down, your physician can start incorporating strengthening routines into your treatment plan. Building muscle helps lower the risk of sustaining an injury.
- Maximum medical improvement (MMI): Here, you’ve reached the end of your treatment, as you have made all the progress your physician deems possible. You may resume your regular activities prior to your back injury.
Just because you’ve attained MMI doesn’t mean you can’t come and see us again. Based on your progress, we might recommend you come back every once in a while to maintain your progress.
How to Prevent Reinjury in Buckingham
Sometimes, back injuries occur due to no fault of your own, like from a car accident, aging, or repetitive movements at work. However, you can take certain measures to build a strong and healthy back. In the long run, this can reduce the risk of reinjury after you finish treatment. Mayo Clinic shares these helpful tips:
- Exercise: Try low-impact exercises, like weight training, biking, or swimming, to boost your strength and endurance. Done correctly, these won’t put any strain on the back.
- Stay a healthy weight: Carrying around extra weight can strain your back and make it more prone to injury.
- Maintain a good posture: Sit up straight with your shoulders back. If you work a desk job, get a chair with good back support, as slouching can compress the spine. Make sure you also change positions periodically, so you don’t get stiff.
- Stop smoking: Smoking wears and ages the entire body, putting a smoker at a greater risk of back pain.
- Limit your alcohol intake. Intoxication affects your balance, coordination, and judgment. These put you at a greater risk of reinjury.
Our team can outline other healthy habits during your first appointment.
Our Track Record Reflects Our Commitment to Back Injury Patients
We take a personalized approach to each patient, so they can live a pain-free life on their terms. Many of our former patients have appreciated this approach. Check out some of their reviews:
- “I have been a patient at ‘Specific Care Chiropractic’ for the past five years! The doctors and technicians have not only taken care of my hurting neck & back they go out of their way to make you feel special! There are a lot of chiropractors around this country that just perform a service to adjust your bones. At Specific Care their team goes the extra mile by personalizing your experience where you feel part of their family!” – Larry S.
- “I love this place they made me feel so comfortable from the start of my treatment all the way to the end of it the Dr.’s were great and the staff is amazing always warm and inviting atmosphere will definitely come back if I have any other chiropractor needs.” – Lanore B.
Our team is ready to help you get back on your feet today.
Learn More About Our Buckingham Back Injury Treatment Today
At Specific Care Chiropractic, we strive to craft a treatment plan that relieves patients’ pain, builds strength, and increases their range of motion. Getting to this stage looks different for everyone, so we want to learn about your condition and figure out what works for you. Reach out to us today at (239) 369-9109 to book an appointment and start on the road to recovery.